“Okay...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: Howdy strangers and neighbors, Welcome to Threadgill's. We hope to have something for everyone. Scroll around and find out the daily food specials, who is playing live at either location and order our cookbook, t-shirts or other merchandise. You can plan to have your next party, business meeting or rehearsal dinner surrounded by great food and hospitality at Threadgill's. Check out the menu for eating in, take out or catering. If you are so inclined you can read about our history and contribution to Austin's great food and music scene. Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with family on a Sunday. I ordered a chicken fried steak, dinner salad an butter beans. Waiter was great, but the food wasn't. First, the steak: where's the beef? It was almost all breading. Very disappointing. Salad was all Romaine - not my favorite lettuce. But I did get a lot of salad dressing. The butter beans were a real disappointment, too. Mom is from southern Mississippi, so I know my Southern food. The butter beans had been reheated too many times. Disappointing.

The good news? Good portions. But I won't be back anytime soon -

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Just let your server know if you get something that you don't like. They'll replace it.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We like to eat here after attending downtown events. The food is excellent and has a nice variety. The service is usually good as long as the place isn't crowded.

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you so much!!! We appreciate you.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We went for breakfast with a big group after a wedding the night before. The buffet looked ok but we were really wanting more of a 'brunch' type selection, which you can order off the menu after 11, but it's all lunch/dinner options, no breakfast. The service was really good and mimosa's equally as good, but when our food arrived it was just BLAH. I mean, it had NO flavor whatsoever. Not just my dish, but it was pretty much everyone at the table's opinion. I carry my own seasonings when I travel, for this type of situation and our meals were saved. Their cooks should really taste what they are serving. This could very well be a fun place at night, as it's a bar, but I wouldn't recommend it just to go eat when there's so many other fantastic places in Austin! I gave it 3 stars because 2 is 'Poor' and it was bad, it just wasn't good.

Thank you. I m sending your review to Chef.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I had the broiled catfish with squash and my wife had collard greens, squash and cowboy caviar. Everything was as good as I remembered (it has been over a year since we have been in town to eat there). The collard greens were just like Granny used to cook. Such a great break from burgers, Mexican food, etc. My wife got the banana pudding for dessert and it was almost as good as Mama's. Real close. Our server was Nikki and she was outstanding. She knew each dish and described them for my wife (never had cowboy caviar before). She was a real treat. Each dish was delicious and as represented. It was nice to eat there again.

Thank you. So happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We dropped in for an early dinner and were welcomed with great food and service. Chicken Fried Steak was better than average.

Thank you. Threadgills loves hearing that you had a good time.