New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Wyndham Garden Austin

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #56 of 200 Hotels in Austin
York, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel for my quick visit to Austin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here overnight for a job interview in Austin. It compared well to other Wyndhams I've stayed in; and, overall my stay here was pleasant. My room was clean and comfortable. Check-in was smooth, and the staff were helpful. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you very much for your nice review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I share all reviews with our staff to make sure we are using your comments as training tools. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.
BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
houston, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Matt upgraded us to a suite at no charge since we had the dog and son. Our first garden suite (ground level) which had the king bed, someone had been smoking in (the entire hotel is non-smoking) so Matt tried another but only 2 doubles were available. The extra space was very nice. (Three sinks, fridge, sleeper sofa, small kitchen table, etc.) We had some issues with an a/c vent that rattled all night but the maintenance guy figured it out when we called in the morning. (I went to bed after the husband and son so they were already asleep when I noticed it - so no sleep for me.) I travel with a box fan for white noise, but the suite that we were placed in had way too much freeway noise even with the fan going for my taste. The second night, I placed towels between the door & the floor and braced a chair against both doors (There were exterior doors in the bedroom - back parking lot side & one in the living area.) to close them all the way. There was about an inch give and take on the doors even when the locks were engaged. There are several grassy areas for the pets which is nice. Housekeeping & maintenance came right away in the morning when we called before we left for the day - since we were leaving the dog alone in the room it had to be while we were in the room. This is about my 7th time to stay here. I'm pretty pleased for the price and breakfast was included! I would stay in the suites again now that I know the chair trick, but would request one on the back of the hotel away from the freeway - even the side of the hotel gets the noise since they are on a corner. All in all - good for the price and accommodating for our poodle. Beds are firm which I love.

Room Tip: If you stay in a 'garden suite' get one on the back of the hotel away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your fine review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I made sure to share your comments regarding our staff with everyone at the last employee luncheon. Matt was very excited to see his name on your lovely review. I also informed our engineering team about the inch give and take on your door and it has been repaired. I appreciate your bringing this to our attention. I hope we’ll see you and your family including your pet again soon.
BeWell, Casandra Kokoska
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night while visiting some friends in Austin. It was a pretty nice hotel, with friendly staff and clean rooms. Check in and check out was surprisingly fast, and check out time was 12 noon, which is convenient. The room was clean, and beds comfortable. The desk/work area was set up with handy internet connections and plugs where you could reach them. No crawling around looking for them. This would be a very comfortable and efficient hotel to stay at for work or a conference, which i gathered is this hotel's main clientele (because of the conference center). There was no charge for parking,and the toiletries in the bathroom were all Bath and Body Works products. There were instructions for the alarm, which was nice because who hasn't had trouble setting a strange alarm, or worse had one go off in the middle of the night. This alarm also has a large LED face which was a little bright for me, so I just covered it up with the notepad from the desk. My only complaints would be the hallway noise is a bit loud, but as it seemed there was some kind of girl's soccer game, so there were a lot of kids running around, and they are always loud. The bathroom was a bit small with only about 3 feet between the tub and the toilet, which did not bother me, but I could see how this might be a slight issue for some people. Also the shower water control was having issues keeping the water at the same temperature. All in all I thought we got a great deal for the night and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I enjoyed your very detailed review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. It means a lot fo us all here at the WG that you took time to detail your visit for us. I informed our engineering team about the temperature control in the shower and it has been resolved. Everyone here looks forward to another visit from you and your family. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here for one night, and as an overall hotel it was fine. Just a heads up though the address of south IH-35 does not work with the GPS. I think there is an alternate address (1600 Woodward or something) for the hotel as our cab driver took us for a bit of a "ride". My wife was sick and the front desk helped us get what we needed for the day. A nice average room, we pricelined the hotel for $55, and it included free internet, so all in a win for us.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Highland Village, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Room was clean and completely serviceable for my needs. All the staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Although the small lobby restaurant was quite busy the food was tasty and didn't take long to get. Overall a good place to stay for inexpensive business trip.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and your food and beverage experience at the Wyndham Garden Austin. I look forward to seeing you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska