US$135
US$119
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Aloft Austin Northwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$169
US$147
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

aloft Austin at the Domain(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$149
Aloft.com
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Adams House Bed and Breakfast(Austin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Ace Motel(Austin)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$55
US$200
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodhot tubfresh biscuitsb bsfire pithome away from homehostsdowntown
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We live local, but wanted a mini-getaway for our anniversary. Most hotels and B&Bs in Austin are crazy expensive, so I was shocked to find such affordable prices for rooms here. We had a lovely time and I wish we'd actually spent more time lounging around rather than spending our days on the town.

The grounds are gorgeous and make you feel like you're in a little oasis. We stayed in the Lady Stephanie room, which was very pretty in the frilly vintage style that is the trademark of B&Bs. Our A/C *mostly* worked. It only got the temperature down to like 78 degrees, I'd say, so still a little on the warm side, but still a relief when it was 90 degrees outside.

My one disappointment was that the bed was extra extra firm, which some people will like, but I found it too hard to be truly comfy. We slept fine, but would have preferred a softer mattress.

Breakfast is fairly formal--a sit down meal at 9 am with eggs, biscuits, and muffins served on fancy china.

Barbara and Co were very friendly, but gave us plenty of space so we didn't feel crowded. I was very impressed that they anticipated all the answers to our questions by providing notes posted in the room. Want to know the wi-fi password? It's on the sign! Wondering how to get towels for the pool? Oh, look, the info is right there!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tahlia88
Reviewed 9 December 2016

If you are looking for a quaint, quiet, centrally located B&B, this is it! Barbara, Strick and Jessica make you feel so welcome and are available for any requests. The pool is beautiful and there's a hot tub, too. The wraparound porch is so inviting for reading, visiting or just sitting. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank bwuds
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The property is a beautifully restored mansion with pool and gardens. The owners/staff are warm, hospitable people. They make you feel at home and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again when we visit our daughter in Austin.
The Baumanns

Room Tip: All beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TJ M
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I recently visited an old friend in Austin, TX. I went to spend a husbands-free week with my best friend. I looked everywhere for a B&B with two queen beds in a big room, and actually found one, and so much more, too! The Strickland Arms is totally delightful. It is a spacious old Victorian house, decorated to perfection with antiques, but with modern amenities such as air conditioning in all guest spaces (the parlor, the rooms, the dining room). The grounds are lovely, as Barbara Strickland is a passionate gardener, and flowers abound. There are fountains and statues, too. There is even a pool and a hot tub at guests' disposal. And the daily breakfast is oh so delicious : a big plate of fresh, sliced fruit, eggs cooked to order, orange juice, coffee and tea, muffins and biscuits - we feasted each morning, and enjoyed our coffee and tea on the back deck. Visiting the Strickland Arms is like visiting a beloved aunt and uncle. And the four rooms for guests are ALL exquisite, beautifully decorated and quite luxurious (we had a tour, on the day that we were the only guests). I can honestly say that of all the B&B's I have stayed in (and my husband and I prefer B&B's and have stayed in at least 40 over the last 4-5 years) this is one of my very favorites.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank CWilkins0n
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Staying here is more reminiscent of staying at your friend's mansion than at an impersonal hotel. You can use the large lounge and dining room, and rooms are uniquely decorated. Sit on the large verandah or take a few laps in the pool, the Strickland offers it all. Everything is served or available on proper china plates, cups and glasses, no plastic thankfully like at many other US hotels. The owners and staff are lovely people and will help you with any request.
The B&B is 3min away from the #7 bus on Duval, which, very 15mins, takes you into town in about 20 mins. You also find a small number of shops and restaurants just around the corner on Duval. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business