See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We LOVED this place!! We live in an Austin suburb & my husband surprised me with an overnight birthday getaway into Austin & THANKFULLY he found Strickland Arms! This mansion is in the middle of a quiet neighborhood and it truly is a hidden paradise. We were the only guests staying in the B&B (it was a Thursday night), and it really felt like we were staying at a rich friend's house. Barbara was so kind & accommodating. The room (Stephanie) was wonderful - very cool AC, extra pillows, firm but VERY comfortable king bed, etc...
The grounds were incredible! We went to sushi dinner and improv show less than 5 minutes from the B&B & came back for a late night swim in the pool & dip in the hot tub. It was so serene and romantic. The next morning, I drank coffee on the swing on the stunning wrap around porch. Breakfast (eggs how you like em, biscuits, fruit, & muffins) was wonderful, and then we relaxed in the pool the rest of the morning into the afternoon.
We fell so in love with this place that we will be back every year for my birthday. We couldn't recommend it enough!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meresauter
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We live local, but wanted a mini-getaway for our anniversary. Most hotels and B&Bs in Austin are crazy expensive, so I was shocked to find such affordable prices for rooms here. We had a lovely time and I wish we'd actually spent more time lounging around rather than spending our days on the town.

The grounds are gorgeous and make you feel like you're in a little oasis. We stayed in the Lady Stephanie room, which was very pretty in the frilly vintage style that is the trademark of B&Bs. Our A/C *mostly* worked. It only got the temperature down to like 78 degrees, I'd say, so still a little on the warm side, but still a relief when it was 90 degrees outside.

My one disappointment was that the bed was extra extra firm, which some people will like, but I found it too hard to be truly comfy. We slept fine, but would have preferred a softer mattress.

Breakfast is fairly formal--a sit down meal at 9 am with eggs, biscuits, and muffins served on fancy china.

Barbara and Co were very friendly, but gave us plenty of space so we didn't feel crowded. I was very impressed that they anticipated all the answers to our questions by providing notes posted in the room. Want to know the wi-fi password? It's on the sign! Wondering how to get towels for the pool? Oh, look, the info is right there!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tahlia88
Reviewed 9 December 2016

If you are looking for a quaint, quiet, centrally located B&B, this is it! Barbara, Strick and Jessica make you feel so welcome and are available for any requests. The pool is beautiful and there's a hot tub, too. The wraparound porch is so inviting for reading, visiting or just sitting. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank bwuds
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The property is a beautifully restored mansion with pool and gardens. The owners/staff are warm, hospitable people. They make you feel at home and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again when we visit our daughter in Austin.
The Baumanns

Room Tip: All beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TJ M
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I recently visited an old friend in Austin, TX. I went to spend a husbands-free week with my best friend. I looked everywhere for a B&B with two queen beds in a big room, and actually found one, and so much more, too! The Strickland Arms is totally delightful. It is a spacious old Victorian house, decorated to perfection with antiques, but with modern amenities such as air conditioning in all guest spaces (the parlor, the rooms, the dining room). The grounds are lovely, as Barbara Strickland is a passionate gardener, and flowers abound. There are fountains and statues, too. There is even a pool and a hot tub at guests' disposal. And the daily breakfast is oh so delicious : a big plate of fresh, sliced fruit, eggs cooked to order, orange juice, coffee and tea, muffins and biscuits - we feasted each morning, and enjoyed our coffee and tea on the back deck. Visiting the Strickland Arms is like visiting a beloved aunt and uncle. And the four rooms for guests are ALL exquisite, beautifully decorated and quite luxurious (we had a tour, on the day that we were the only guests). I can honestly say that of all the B&B's I have stayed in (and my husband and I prefer B&B's and have stayed in at least 40 over the last 4-5 years) this is one of my very favorites.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends