“First time in with group nning of 12”
Review of Colberts Catfish

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Colberts Catfish
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Avinger
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Well, this was my family's first time here andbwishbwe didn't have such a big group. The place is small and cozy but this evening 3-3-18 it was almost full. Our group got there at 3 diffrent times so we had to wait to order. Drinks came fast bit refills were slow. Finall we all nning ordered then tje cole slaw, beans, hush puppies came out... simgle serve bowels and jist enoigh puppies for everyone to get one and a few got 2. We asked for more bit they NEVER CAME... wait yes they did, 4t mi. Later wjen we were payo g bill. The service was slow, but I will say the waitress did not sit still, she was running but lots of waisted trips. 12 people... bring pitchers of water and leave at table. Anyway our fish came and I was disappointed at the fries but am hap poo y the fish was bot and good. Everyone liked the fish. I know one had the seafood platter and he said it was good too. I asked for slaw beans and puppies at least 3 times but they never made it. The patriarch at the table ordered all you can eat and he waited 30 min for his reorder... it came with one basket of hush puppies as we were getting up to pay. A little late. So with this said the sides were good especial the beans but sad we never got refills. Only 3 bowels of green tomatoes made it to the table so we all had to share them but remember the bowels were the small single serve type. Fish was good and the place is really cute. The price for a 3 piece was 10 bucks and is be hap poo y with that if I had had my fill of sides. So I will say... I will try it again but NOT if it is this busy, no doubt they have trouble with a packed house. When I was standing in line 10 min to pay I talked with 2 regulars and they said it was the worst they had ever seen so I hate that my first time here was a extremely busy night. So with this said I give it a AVERAGE rating mostly because nothing stood out over and above other than the cute clean atmosphere. As for a little place in a tiny town... it's a keeper. We will return.
Sorry for the picture with empty bowels... I was waiting on refill of slaw and stuff when fish came...