“All I can say is WOW! We're coming back!!!”
Review of Arlington Inn

Arlington Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Arlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing visit from arrival to departure - we didn't want to leave. We stayed in The Justin James Suite which has a 2 person jacuzzi, a fireplace and a king size 4 post bed and it was wonderful as cozy with our own private patio. Breakfast every morning with large portions (the homemade corned beef hash was awesome). The owner, Eric, might be straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting with his suspenders and Country charm. He is a gourmet chef to boot! We had dinner there and it was incredible......foodies will love the variety and originality of the fare. I had the filet and my wife had the sirloin tips for the main course and both were perfect. Crab Cakes and Lobster Ravioli were our appetizers. I head the Lobster Pie is to die for. Service was excellent and again the food was amazing. We're definitely going to stay here next visit!! The owners are fantastic!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stay at the Arlington inn before for the memorial weekend. It was a dream. The nicest place in Arlington vert one to stay. Build in 1848. With lots of history. Love it. Had dinner on 9/02/17 and like other years it is a thing to do. Great dinner great atmosphere and the owner Elizabeth is lovable, a found of knowledge about vermont and a pleasure to talk. Will definitvely try to get one of their 17 rooms next time.
Thanks for a wonderful dinner and a badger

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Drc1967
Reviewed 2 September 2017

This by far one of the very best Inn's I have stayed at. My wife, teen child and myself stayed here for two wonderful nights and we couldn't be more pleased. The Inn is absolutely stunning with beautiful gardens and interior design. The entire place is truly a sight to behold. Our room was Sylvester's Study. I found it very comfortable and roomy. The room was very tastefully decorated even down to the rocking chair in the corner.
Our first night there we had dinner at the Inn and it was truly amazing. Definitely one of the top five steaks I have ever had. The next morning was breakfast and wow, wow, wow was it incredible. Blueberry muffins hot from the oven followed by Blueberry pancakes with Maple Syrup. That breakfast made getting up worthwhile. I actually can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was. After breakfast my wife and I wandered the beautiful grounds some more just trying to take in all the magnificent beauty of this true gem hidden away in wonderful Vermont. In fact we loved it so much that we have booked another weekend getaway not even one week later. I have traveled the world and I honestly believe I have found Heaven on Earth. If you are looking for a wonderful Vermont experience look no further. You have found the very best in the Arlington Inn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Stayed here for one night while visiting family and had a good experience. We stayed in Sarah's room which is in the Parsonage building adjacent to the main house. The room was spacious and appears to have possibly been the former kitchen to the home with a unique fireplace. The room features many built in shelves which house various books and trinkets. With several windows around the room it was a quaint first floor room. The room also features a patio with french doors. This area was small and next to the ramp to enter the building so not something we used. The bathroom was decent sized overall and was standard for a country inn. The bed was surprisingly comfortable which was great after a long day of driving.

Only negatives was a musky smell on entering the room which didn't cause us too much angst.

The room included breakfast in the main house's restaurant which was very good. There is a good variety of plates cooked to order. Although we didn't have the occasion to have dinner at the Inn, I would consider it on a future visit based on the quality of the breakfast.

Overall, a solid alternative if you need to stay in the Arlington area. The grounds are well kept as well and worth sometime if you want to stroll although the surrounding landscapes may distract you more.

Room Tip: Recommend trying for a room in the main house.