Review Highlights
A beautiful November day in Alexandria

This was a wonderful way to entertain guests on a post-Thanksgiving afternoon. Ashley was a... read more

Reviewed 1 December 2020
margaretwc
Fairfax, Virginia
Great tour of Old Town!

Reviewed 13 July 2019
Amandamoore25

All reviews great tour old town informative guide history
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2019

I am a local and scheduled a tour for my family while they were visiting Virginia. Ashley was a great tour guide - the tour was informative, interesting, and covered a lot of Old Town. We learned about the history of the city and saw homes and businesses of colonial residents. I would highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: July 2019
AshleyV1133, Owner at Discover Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2019

Thank you Amanda, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour. I hope your family had a nice stay in Alexandria.

Reviewed 21 May 2019

Ashley is a terrific travel guide - well informed & enthusiastic. Our entire group of 16 people thought she was great. We scheduled a private tour with Discover Alexandria and it was a highlight of our reunion weekend.

Date of experience: May 2019
AshleyV1133, Owner at Discover Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Thank you Kay, I'm glad you liked it!

Reviewed 26 April 2019

We probably learned more about 1700-1800's America in one hour with Ashley than any other tour or museum visit during our ten days in Washington. The tour was well paced, informative and mixed historical with the current day. Ashley is a knowledgeable and eloquent professional historian but keeps details accessible for the layman. The tour is to be thoroughly recommended, you come away with a much more vivid picture of Alexandria past and present.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank 294stuart793

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 March 2019 via mobile

We went on both the ghost tour and regular tour. There was some over lap but both tours were very informative. Ashley was a great guide. With a soon to have PHD in history she has a passion for history. I would advise you checking this tour out.

Date of experience: March 2019
AshleyV1133, Owner at Discover Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

Our group had a great time yesterday on our Colonial/Revolutionary tour. Kieran was an excellent guide.

I thought the points of interest were relevant, and fun. The length of the tour was just right.

I would love to go on more adventures with this tour company.

Date of experience: March 2019

Thank you Lacy, we're glad you enjoyed it!