“Erica Walker at the Reception Desk is the best!!!”

Courtyard Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I made my reservation mistakenly for the day before my arrival. The Marriott system charged me for the room. This hotel was booked for the day I arrived, so she worked hard with Marriott to fix the problem and arranged for me to get a comparable room at the Spring Hill Suites down the street. It is rare in this day and age where you get that kind of customer service. Erica Walker is the best!!! And Harry at Marriott Central in San Antonio, I think, was also terrific fixing the problem.

Room Tip: Have Erica greet you at the desk. She is fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a few nights while visiting a friend. The room was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The only thing I didn't like was the position of the shower handle. It was on the side of the shower. I kept hitting it. But, that's just a personal preference. Over all, it wad a good experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The hotel staff was welcoming professional and courteous. Erica was the first person to greet us and she couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful. She recommended restaurants and activities. The rooms were clean spacious and modern.The parking was convenient. The proximity to Old Town Alexandria was good. We ate dinner there every night. On Erica's recommendation, the last night we ate at the Chart House. What an excellent suggestion!
We were in Washington to visit the Museum of African American History and Culture.
We would select this hotel next time we visit Washington DC.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were a group of long-time friends traveling to Washington, DC to explore. This hotel was not only reasonably priced, but had all the amenities of a luxury hotel! Beautiful, comfortable rooms, very clean. The guest rep, at the front desk, whose name was Erica (sorry, don't recall last name) was so courteous and friendly, I forgot I was away from home. She was so helpful with suggestions, esp for dining. We followed one of her suggestions and went to the Charthouse in old town Alexandria, off of King Street at the harbor, on our last evening together. We were extremely happy that we did so. Great service and food, not to mention ambience. Back to the hotel: we chose it because it was reasonably priced, about a half hour Uber ride from DC mall and monuments, but very close (only 10 min) from King Street, which is packed with good restaurants and fun shopping and strolling. The Bistro, in the hotel, is also a great place for breakfast, with a super friendly staff! I was very impressed with the level of service at this hotel and would definitely stay there again! They do have a complimentary shuttle to the Eisenhower metro station, which is a short walk to King st. but hey, we finally figured out Uber and used it frequently! No muss, no fuss and you get to talk to locals galore!

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in room 710 at the Courtyard Alexandria Old Town/ Southwest from 9/1/17 to 9/3/17. The service was great. I actually had no complaints about this property or the Marriott brand in general up until the point where I got my property stolen from my room. I had left a very expensive bottle of cologne and two pairs of sunglasses on the stand next to the TV when I checked out. I called immediately that same day to let them know I had left these items behind and I was informed that nothing was found. Two weeks later claims still hasn't contacted me and my items are nowhere to be found. I am very disappointed in the way they've handled this situation; being that I am 100% sure I left these items behind in the room. I was also a Marriott employee for quite some time and had a very high regard for the Marriott brand. I always recommended it, but to be honest after this incident I am very inclined to not staying or recommending anyone else to stay at this property in specific. In addition, I am now very skeptical about staying in any other Marriott property for that matter, as I have never had anything of this nature happen to me before. Again, I am extremely disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jonathan R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you Rey for your feedback on your most recent stay with us here at the Alexandria Courtyard Old Town Southwest. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the experience that you were expecting during your stay and I can understand how frustrating that can be. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience when they stay with us. If you have any questions or would like to provide any additional feedback please feel free to contact myself, I am Jonathan, or any of the other managers here at the hotel as we can assist you further. Again, I do apologize about your experience and I do look forward to speaking with you.