Old Colony Inn Alexandria
US$218
US$195
US$179
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$171
US$159
  • Pool
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$197
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsmetro stationfree shuttleold townshuttle serviceking streetroom was cleandvd playeryogurtfirst flooran older hotelhotel shuttlefree breakfastdc areapleasant stayreagan airportfew blocksair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Great service, the place is very close to the Metro station. Room service was quick and neat, plus the workers were friendly. There's a shuttle that takes you to the Metro too. It's located near a very populated area and people seem to walk everywhere since everything is so close.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Wil L, General Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hello edmeri,

Thank you for staying with us and making us your home base during the Army 10 Miler. We’re happy to see you found our housekeeping service neat and friendly as well as our location ideal for venturing out and about Old Town Alexandria. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is the place to stay, it was very nice, clean, and the staff was great, We had shuttle service to and frm subway station, and to restaurants,I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to get way

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Greetings Richard T,

We’re thrilled you had such a wonderful stay and found our team to be great. Thank you for your future recommendations. We’re truly honored and promise not to let you down. We can’t wait to welcome you back the next time you’re in the area. We guarantee there’s still plenty to see and experience.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I wish I had known about this place sooner. I booked it only for one night only because it was near the Ronald Reagan Airport after my tour Washington and then Virginia. My first three nights in Washington were spent elsewhere. I would have preferred to stay here. The interesting town of Alexandria has a old main street called King Street with lots of places to eat. It is about a mile away from the hotel but parking was easy.The hotel is only half a mile from a Metro station called Braddock Road which would have been better than the trek I had to make to/from U Street. Rather than just being for the airport, this is where I would stay next time I am visiting Washington, The rooms are very pleasant, though a fridge would have been useful. Breakfast in the basement wasn't lavish, but good enough before I had to dash off. Not sure if it has an elevator

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hello Jmcc150,

We, too, wish you stayed with us during your entire trip in Washington DC. There’s something about Old Town Alexandria that makes it truly unique, charming, and full of history. It also surprises many people just how close DC is and, most importantly, how much one can save on not only hotel rooms but also parking by choosing accomodations here. Thank you for staying with us and keep us in mind the next time you cross the big pond.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Naturally I had consulted TripAdvisor before booking our stay, and most of the reviews were quite positive. They may have been a bit misleading.

I called ahead of time to check the shuttle service. Shuttles run from 7 AM, but we were heading to the Paton office to catch a shuttle to Mount Vernon for the Patriot Run. Their last shuttle left at 7 AM so I wanted to see if I could request an earlier shuttle. I was told very curtly that there was to be no change in the shuttle times and my call ended quite abruptly. Ok. No big deal.

Check in went well, but I do have to say that though we were treated politely, the clerk had a bit of a condescending undertone with us. (My sister had another exchange later in our stay and still felt the same.) But we did get the requested adjoining rooms, so yay! And the rest of the staff was great.

There is no elevator, and as my mother is older it was a pain lugging all our things up a flight of stairs. If you have mobility issues you may want to think twice before booking.

The rooms were clean but well used. Sheets were torn, curtains didn't open & close well, carpets stained, and the couch in our room had an ill-fitting cover with a really scary stain on it. We didn't go near it. Our smoke detector was missing as well as a stopper for the sink, and my sister lost an item down it. My first shower was an adventure in changing water temperatures, but the rest of our party didn't have that problem and my second shower was fine. However we all disliked the low water pressure.

Breakfast was nice. No complaints there.

The hotel was quiet and our stay wasn't so bad that we felt we had to switch hotels, but it's time for renovations. I've stayed in worse hotels. With a little TLC, though, this place could be really wonderful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Wil L, General Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Greeting JoshandHelen,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I’m sorry you felt other Trip Advisor reviews were misleading. The team and I put great effort in ensuring our guests have the very best stay and receive world class service especially since we know we’re not the newest hotel in the area. I apologize we failed you. Regarding the elevator, you are correct, we don’t have one that goes up but do have one going down to the breakfast room. We have 14 rooms on the lobby level for guests who request them. Additionally, our team is more than happy to assist our guests with baggage. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone or email. I promise to make sure your lasting impression of us is a positive one.

Kindest Regards,

Wil.Laura@OldColonyInnAlexandria.com
703-739-2222

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Came to town for the Packers/Redskins game and to see some DC sights. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was diverse and very good. Room was clean and everything worked well. Chose this hotel partly because of proximity to the Metro. We came in the early afternoon and there wasn't a driver to take us to the Metro station but they called Uber for us who was there promptly, so that was very nice. Out of four trips to and from the Metro though we walked it (about a mile) two times because there wasn't a driver available in the time period we needed. The last was understandable as we got back after midnight from the game. Overall a very good stay and good value. The area for the hotel is very nice as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello rrtucker42,

First and foremost, HTTR…even though the Skins lost. We’re delighted you had a great stay with us and would recommend us to others. I’m happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast and took advantage of our shuttle service when available. We hope to welcome you back the next time you’re the area. We’re happy to offer discounted rates for returning guests.

Kindly,