Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
US$299
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold townfull kitchenfree shuttlemetro trackseisenhower metrowhole foodson site parkingbusiness districtking streettwo bedroom suiteunderground garagean extended stayfew blocksduke streetoatmealcomplimentary breakfastparking fee
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The staff was extraordinarily gracious to my family, and the location is very convenient for accessing DC by Metro. TIP: Ask for a room on the Metro train side -- it's terrifically sound-proofed on that side of the hotel. You can watch the trains out your window and never hear them.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room on the Metro train side -- the hotel has terrific sound-proofing on that side.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom B
Marquis S, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Rented 2 rooms on March 2. We arrived late, the person at the desk was unhelpful. When I told her that I did not notice that she programmed the key card for one of the rooms, she insisted that she did. Sure enough we had to come back from the 11th floor, with all our stuff because the key did not open the door.

Rooms were nice, updated and clean..

Breakfast attendant was rude, loud and unhelpful..

Finally, when I got My credit card statement, I discovered I was charged twice for My rooms. When I tried to contact the hotel to tell them I was charged 4 times for 2 rooms, a person by the name of Katherine ACTUALLY told me to Dispute it with the Credit card company!!
I do work for a hotel management company, and I know that chargebacks affect the hotel's GSS but apparently they prefer that to research and find the mistake..

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Elie M

Elie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As a fellow leader in the industry I find your evaluation of our property to be essential to us correcting the areas in which we have fallen short. I would love an opportunity to discuss this further please email me at marquis.stafford@marriott.com it would be my pleasure to speak with you!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I always prefer Residence Inn chain hotels because of the spacious of there rooms and the kitchenette, this hotel is very good located nearby Dulles International Airport. the team members are very friendly, it was a bad weather when I signed in which cause electrical problems, the air-condition was not working probably and some sockets, although the general manager "Kristin Feenstra" Compensated me with half price off which I highly appreciate it.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Yahya A

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We look forward to hosting you again

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Positives: Everyone on the staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is generous.

Challenges: Elevators need a bit of patience. Location is a bit out of they way, but not too much. The free shuttle helps. And the metro is a few minutes away on foot.

All and all, a solid choice and a good value for a Marriott level 4 hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carpe_Diem2Travel
Marquis S, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. We look forward to hosting you the next time your in Old Town Alexandria.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This never would normally have been a place I would have stayed, but due to the major storm in Virginia this past weekend and a loss of power at my home and all of the hotels in the area generally being full, this is where my family and I ended up to stay warm. We were quite pleased with the hotel and our clean, quiet room. We had a studio with a king bed and it included a full kitchen. The staff was extremely friendly. There is onsite parking for a fee and while some of the spaces were a bit tight to get into, there are several in various corners that are large. We enjoyed their free and very nice breakfast in the morning. What made me a fan of our stay is that our power was restored a bit earlier than expected and we had booked the room for two nights. Normally, they require 24-hour notice to cancel but waved that requirement due to the circumstances without a second or moments thought. The price was very reasonable and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to friends or stay there again should the need arise.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ericgorr
Marquis S, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward to having you with us again soon!