“Extremely poor service and awful food”
Review of Hummingbird

Hummingbird
Ranked #212 of 822 Restaurants in Alexandria
Description: A waterview restaurant. Hummingbird; is an energetic bar and kitchen inspired by the American spirit of cherished traditions: Clambakes and crab boils, fish fries and oyster roasts. Weddings and parties on the deck overlooking the water with an acclaimed chef make Hummingbird the perfect place to dine, lounge and enjoy a frozen slushee!
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our group of 10 visited for Easter brunch. It was more than an hour before our orders were taken, and another 45 minutes to receive our food. The menu was disappointing. I ordered the Irish breakfast. The eggs were cold and runny and portions were minuscule. I've had better breakfasts at airports.The waitress never offered refills for water or coffee.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on a businesses trip for work. It happened to be my birthday that night. They were really busy and I told them I really didn't want to go somewhere else. I was staying at the hotel where they are located at. I informed them it was my birthday, and they quickly found a table for me and my party. They gave us each a glass of sparkling wine while we waited for the table to be available. The food was amazing and or waiter was very attentive and suggested a wonderful wine for our table. The next morning we went there for breakfast and again were not disappointed. I will be staying at this hotel again next businesses trip for education and Hair show.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were happily surprised to have such an outstanding meal here. We have some food allergies and the waitstaff and kitchen went above and beyond to make sure the food was prepared without allergens and that we were satisfied. Beyond the service, the steak and fish were delectable, and the fresh oysters and burrata were amazing. We will be back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I am not a meat eater, and don't like pumpkin or mushrooms, so I can't say too much about the entrees, but the desserts were fabulous, and my dinner-mates all loved their entrees, especially the fish. It is relaxed without being loud and the tables are far enough apart that you can enjoy a conversation and meal without bumping into your neighbors. Located in/behind the Hotel Indigo on the waterfront, it is a nice addition to Alexandria's restaurants. Reservations recommended but we ate early (5:30 ish) and had no problem getting a table for 6. Very pleasant atmosphere and wait staff.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We stayed at the Indigo on February 13th so we could have nice Valentine's Day breakfast (our favorite meal). It was very quiet. The view on the river was fun even if there was construction outside. Good food. I had lunch here before and everyone in the group I was with liked their meal. So I thought that breakfast would be good and I was right.

Been to Hummingbird? Share your experiences!