1,682 results
All reviews across the street great location king street old town metro station free trolley shops and restaurants dc area breakfast buffet parking garage is very nice hotel room rate easy access rooms are large whole foods reagan airport fitness center
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A very nice hotel with excellent location, but rooms on the west side are maybe 25 yards from the Metro line and Virginia Rail Express. Trains start moving at 5am, so you're up at that hour whether you want to be or not.
Everything else about this hotel was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Tonsomiles,
Thank you very much for the nice comments about our Hotel. I am also glad you enjoyed every aspect of our Hotel except the noise from the Metro rail. Most of our Guest do enjoy the convienience of the Metro rail system to various locations and at the same time, we do realize it can be noisy at times. Kindly let me know the next time you stay with us and I will personally make sure you are blocked into a Room on the East side of the Building. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Check in was simple and very informational. A lot of helpful directions and tips for success for the upcoming stay. We were told we were on the quiet side and, while that didn't turn out to be true - we could see the Metro from our window - sound from the Metro wasn't noticeable. But having the Metro station across the street was very convenient for jaunts into DC and for friends who visited us from Montgomery County. Being at the end of King St., the main street of Old Town Alexandria, was also good. It's only a 15 minute easy walk to the other end and the free trolley was available when we didn't want to walk the street of shops and restaurants.

The parking was convenient in the hotel garage, paying for it, not so much, but we got a discount. And having to pay if you wanted Internet in your room when even fleabags offer it free wasn't nice at all.

Two other incidents that showed good service though: I asked for the location of a post office and while I needed a special service, the offer to mail it for me was nice, even though it's kind of standard of upper end hotels. The other was an evening when their free Internet in the lobby wasn't working. I took it to the registration desk for help and the night guy set me up in seconds.

They weren't nearly sold out in early April, even though they had a conference using the place each day we were there, so you might be able to negotiate down the rate for an imminent stay.

Room Tip: The rooms above the 2nd floor require the room key to work the elevator - a little extra security.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

I am pleased our Front Desk Team had such a positive and memorable impact on your visit. I am glad you also enjoyed the convienience of the Metro System to the DC areas attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Lovely hotel in adorable old town Alexandria. Very comfortable beds and spacious room with plenty of space to work. Attended a business meeting there and the food and service was exceptionally good. Quick metro ride to airport or Amtrak station. Wonderful

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear, NyerUWS,
I am glad you appreciated the accomodations and the level of service you received from our entire staff whiles you were staying on a Business trip with us. Old Town Alexandria is an exceptional place and all the attractions it has to offer. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

As a Diamond HHonors member I get to stay in many Hiltons. I would rate this hotel as one of the best. Meredith at check-in was a delight to deal with. She assigned me (as requested) a quiet room on the opposite side of the building from the Metro train traffic.The very pleasant Stephen at concierge helped me with my luggage My room was 551 on the HHonors floor. Upon entering I was amazed by the size and very pleasant layout of the room. The quality of the fixtures and fittings were top notch with a 32" flat screen tv, nice coffee area just inside the door, a more than adequate size bathroom and a huge work desk to use. Internet was very fast. After a good night's sleep I went down to breakfast where I met the most accomodating Danny and Pellegrino. Nothing was a problem including getting some bottled water to go. After a three day stay I felt rested and rejuvinated. Robert at the front desk is a great ambassador for the Hilton brand as well, organising for me a late checkout effortlessly even though the hotel was fully booked. Any negatives, none. Enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel away from the Metro system.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Dear Naillic,
I am pleased to note you found Old Town Alexandria Hilton to be one of the best Hotels within the Hilton brand as a Hilton Daimond member. We have an exceptional staff and we will continue to encourage them to provide the best possible service to all our guest. I am also glad you mentioned the room decor, the layout as well as the amenities we offer. We hope you have the opportunity to return back to our Hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Not the best Hilton we stayed in, but the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.
The room was not "Hilton" clean,but we were there for a stop over and overlooked this until my wife stepped on a M&M.
Another hotel that charges a hefty fee for parking and of course internet connection.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JPL,
I was delighted to note you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as well as our Hotel rooms to be spacious and comfortable. My apologies about the room cleanliness and I can asure you it is not the norm for our Hotel. Lets talk offline to see what I can do for you.