All reviews whole foods two blocks king street old town full kitchen metro station one bedroom suite waffles dc area stove top free breakfast mile radius couple blocks hotel shuttle free shuttle shops and restaurants living area
Reviewed 26 August 2018

My fiance and I stayed here for Magfest 2018. Its a very nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were very clean and the kitchens are amazing with full fridge, stove, and dishwasher. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I stayed here for two nights from 3-5AUG2018 and had a wonderful time. The location cannot be beat. Only a couple blocks from the King Street Metro and all that Old Town Alexandria has to offer. My suite was very large and comfortable. It hadn't been updated in a couple years, but didn't really need to be. The kitchen was well-stocked and I had everything I needed. I love staying in Residence Inns, especially in expensive areas where I can save some money by cooking some meals for myself. There is a Whole Foods very near by.

The internet was fast. The morning breakfast was everything you would expect from a Marriott-branded property. The staff were all extremely courteous and professional. Also, I got a really nice weekend rate at the hotel and feel I received tremendous value for the price. I really hope this hotel is similarly-priced next time I'm in Alexandria because I would LOVE to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Since I'm a Marriott member, we decided to stay here near the old town of Alexandria. The hotel was about a 5-minute walk from King St. train station, which can get you to the airport or into DC.

There were plenty of restaurants and supermarkets (Whole Foods, CVS, etc) within a 5-minute walking distance. Old town shops and restaurants were not that far, within a 10-minute walk.

The hotel was a residence and our room had a living room and a bedroom with a kitchen. The space was actually perfect for 2 people and the stay was wonderful. They have a great breakfast in the morning and a gym that was pretty amazing (way better than the Courtyards that I have stayed around the world).

They have paid parking for $25 per day, but there were plenty of street parking in the back of the hotel for $1.25 per hour. Street parking was free from 9pm to 8am in the morning.

I never tried the food at the restaurant/bar, but I believe they have events on special occasions (I saw it in the elevator). The staff at the counter were very friendly and helpful.

I definitely recommend this place for a relaxing and great stay. You will get good sleep (no noise) and free wifi. Kitchens are fully equipped with very big refrigerators.

Tips:

1. There are no buses or airport buses to the hotel. Make sure you take a taxi or Uber or the train to get there.

2. Bike rentals were not available, but there were plenty of bike rentals within Alexandria old town.

3. If you have problems walking, make sure to get a room near the elevator. The hotel was fairly big and our room was a good 75 yards from the elevator.

I have traveled to 155 countries. If you want to read my blog, check out pinchetravels.com.

If you want me to review your place, please contact me directly via Tripadvisor message.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best Marriott stays I have had. The staff members went out of their way to be helpful. Everyone greeted me with a smile. The room was spotless and spacious. It still had the typical breakfast stuff, but the early evening socials were good with interesting food. The food truck was fun. It was a very short walk to Whole Foods and the rooms has kitchens, so I could keep light fare and not always eat out.

I want to especially signal out Pam who drove the shuttle and worked the front desk. She is one of the most genuinely cheerful and helpful people I have met.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank NobskaRose
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The rooms are very clean. The welcoming experience is wonderful. I checked-in during a power outage no fault of theirs and they did not panic. The breakfast is wonderful. The happy hour needs some tweaking. The overall service of what they control is Amazing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business