Budget Host Travelers Motel
US$139
US$131
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$98
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$109
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
US$143
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$118
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$134
  • Pool
US$179
US$200
US$187
All reviewsbagelsbuffet restaurantmetro stopwould definitely stay here againshower pressuremini fridge and microwavefree wifidc areadc hotelshalf mileyellow lineminute driveplace to stayold town alexandriaflat screen tvcomfortable bedscontinental breakfast
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We found this gem online and it is conveniently across the street from my nieces apartment. Reviews online were all good, the price was right and we literally only needed a bed and a shower.
Rest of my family opted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express down the road for $30-40 more per night and I think they may have over looked a great little spot that is a throwback to those places you'd stop at with your parents on a road trip back in the day.
And it's IMMACULATE.
Like not a spot in the place. Granted it is outdated but it really doesn't matter. Had a flat screen tv and a good shower.
Only downside were the pillows - needed a few more and it was too late to ask. And the towels are tiny.
Otherwise the place is perfect for a quick visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel W
paul5050511, Manager at Budget Host Travelers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

thanks for the nice review! have a safe day!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We stayed here for three nights as we wanted to visit Washington/ Smithsonian museums.The staff were very helpful, Dan drove us to the Metro each day and gave us many helpful tips about using the Metro, and things to see. It was a 15 minute walk from the Metro back to the hotel. It is not fancy, but clean and offered all we needed. We were given an actual key to the room, and a continental breakfast was offered at the office each morning. We would definitely stay here again, thank you to the staff for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2015jan101
paul5050511, Manager at Budget Host Travelers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thanks for the kind words! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a great place to stay when visiting the DC area. The motel is older but it is family run and has a very nice staff. Because it is older the price is cheaper than all the hotels in the area.
Location: this is just off of the 1 in Fairfax county, so it is several miles outside of DC, but it is only about a 15 minute walk to the Huntingdon metro station which is the best way to get into the city. They also provide a shuttle service to the metro at half hour intervals in the morning. Once on the metro (yellow line) it is only about 15 minutes to the National Mall. It is also just a short drive from Old Town Alexandria which is great for shopping and dining.
Safety: This area felt pretty safe to us.
Cleanliness: The room was fairly clean when we arrived, and was cleaned nicely every day.
Breakfast: They have a small breakfast each morning, usually bagels and donuts. There is no place in the lobby to eat, so we had to go back to our room.
Amenities: there aren't very many amenities except microwaves, minifridges, and wifi. They told us some people had trouble with the internet, but it worked for us.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yellow V
paul5050511, General Manager at Budget Host Travelers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thanks for the kind review. We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Stayed two nights at this gem of a hotel. Very friendly front desk, provides shuttle to Metro, rooms are clean. Could use a little updating. Will certainly stay again if in the area. Easy to get to DC and the museums.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
paul5050511, Manager at Budget Host Travelers Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thanks for the kind words! Safe travels!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I booked this motel on a quick trip to D.C. I knew I wasn't going to spend much time in the room so all I cared for was cleanliness and comfortable beds. Well I was impressed. The bed was very firm yet comfy, the bathroom was impeccably clean and there was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. The staff were very friendly. They had a shuttle take me to the Metro which was only a 5 minute drive (15 min walk). I thought this was a nice touch and the man who drove me, Dan, gave me some good pointers on what to see and do in DC. The lady working the front desk during the day is a sweetheart and could tell she genuinely liked her job and what she does. The only complaint I had and it's more of a personal thing is that I didn't have control over my heat or air in the room. My first night there was 60° outside and it made for an uncomfortable sleep because I like to sleep cold, so if I do visit again, I will just bring a fan from home, plus the white noise helps me sleep. Other than that, I loved this motel. I will definitely stay here again when I visit the D.C. area! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo