“Vegetarian enchiladas”

El Paso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: El Paso Mexican Restaurant with locations in Springfield, Woodbridge and two locations in Alexandria (Richmond Highway and Cooper Rd.) is dedicated to bringing fine authentic Mexican cuisine to the Washington metropolitan area. We feature homemade Mexican entrees prepared as mild or spicy as you like. We also have a full-service bar and beverage service. We pride ourselves on preparing only the freshest Mexican food daily.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Wednesday 7pm-ish. No wait, parking lot full. Chips and salsa while order. Nachos with cheese arrive promptly and yummy with queso! I ordered vegetarian enchiladas and a tamale. My husband ordered quesadillas. I cleaned my plate. So delicious. The black beans were spiced perfectly and firm not all squishy. The tamale was the best I’ve eaten. Wanted some pastel tre leche cake but I was too full! Maybe go back for just dessert! Great spot and well priced. $44 for 20% tip, appetizer, drinks, two meals and an extra side item.

1  Thank RickiePooFan

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Not great Mexican, but quick and service is friendly, if you can find a server. They are busy, but you might wait 15 minutes to order. Not expensive. Tortilla a bit drier than fresh. Right on Richmond highway.

1  Thank samtrip12345
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We ventured from DC to Alexandria and decided to give El Paso a try. The parking lot was almost full which is a good sign. For an appetizer we got the guacamole dip which came in a bowl large enough to feed four or five people. This was about $ 10. For dinner I had the enchiladas supreme which was three different enchiladas, rice and beans. It was very good, and plenty to fill up a hungry tourist who had been walking the sights of DC all day. If you are in the area, craving Mexican (not Tex-Mex) food, you need to go there. Service was prompt and friendly, and the meal for two was very reasonably priced.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

They have a great variety of food and their catering prices are reasonable. I truly love their wide selection of tacos. They make fresh guacamole upon request.

1  Thank Shrinette
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Chori pollo and house-made guacamole are two must-try items on the menu. Big fan of this place, everyone I know who has been here likes it.

1  Thank USR1