“My new go to”

China Garden
Ranked #303 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My two favorite go-to Chinese dishes are shrimp lo mein and shrimp mei fun (rice noodles). Since moving from Herndon where I used Chen's Kitchen as my drive by for take out, I've been searching for its replacement; enter China Garden. Not only is their flavor somewhat the same, but they also have a small option on the lo mein that I really appreciate. The price is great, the flavor better than most and they are fast on the prep. I can order as I'm leaving the check out line in Wegmans and it's usually almost done by the time I get to my car, load and drive across the street to get there. I've gone to five other Chinese take out places to find them, but now I'm done. If your taste and mine are the same for lo mein and mei fun, I think you'll be really pleased.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We usually do take out, but they have a delightful dining area available. The food is EXCELLENT. All of the dishes are traditional asian and superbly prepared. Their food is literally some of the best around - better than some finer dining Chinese restuarants in the area.