Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$112
US$99
US$127
US$165
CandlewoodSuites
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$105
ComfortInn
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$114
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Budget Host Travelers Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$131
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

Alexandria Motel(Alexandria)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$90
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$300
1,930 results
All reviewshotel monacowine hourold town alexandriaking streeta pet friendly hotelattached restaurantmini barfront desk staffhappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingfew blocksfree trolleytorpedo factorythe location is perfectwonderful hotelfree internet
Reviewed 1 April 2018

for the price we paid for the hotel, the size of the room is pretty standard for city hotels, i think. the room we got was clean - bathroom, sheets, surfaces. but for the price you pay, i have to note, you do not get a microwave, or even a coffee maker. everything in the "wet bar" is to be paid for - even the cork screw! the parking per day is expensive but also typical/within average of most city hotels.

we really loved the bold colors and patterns of the hotel! i think it livens up the place and boosted people's moods because it seemed like every guest we met were in high spirits. it helps that the staff was nice and helpful.

we took advantage of the indoor heated pool - we had it to ourselves for an afternoon. water was clean and the perfect temperature. there was a lifeguard present the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chichi s
Daniel T, Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback! We hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Despite this being a decent hotel, I could never get beyond the crazy décor. Next visit I'd like to stay someplace else.

The lobby first impression put me on guard: It looked like a bordello. Over time I came to appreciate the clever seating arrangements squeezed into that small lobby space. You will also appreciate the coffee/tea/fruit infused water beverage station and morning WSJ newspapers available free in the lobby at the start of each day.
I didn’t fully relax in a room with mis-matched decor. Five different patterns covered the walls, chair, bed and stools. Other accessories didn’t blend in. Around the fourth day I said aloud ‘someone insane designed this hotel room.’ The clock cannot be reset to the right time. You cannot turn the bath water off if you are sitting in the tub, so sort the water out first while standing on the side. The toilet was broken our first night, but we arrived too late to fix so I woke early and dressed to use the lobby loo. We were offered another room after breakfast, on a different floor, but the hotel repairman came and fixed the toilet, so we could use it during the next five days.
The hotel room bed was excellent. Lots of pillows with perfect balance between firmness and ‘squish’.
We had a reasonable reward point rate for our rooms, but it never hurts to ask about active duty military rates. When we went down to ask the hotel manager he laughed and shook his head side to side while still looking down at his keyboard typing. That was a dismissive and disrespectful way to say ‘No.’ A wiser man or woman would have had better people skills. I try to listen to customers, let them know I am serious about understanding; give feedback so they know they are heard, then explain that their loyalty reward point rate would still give them a better rate for this visit. Same outcome, different impression. I talked with this manager again during our visit and he just does not have great people skills.
I was impressed by the service provided by Eunice at the front desk. She is kind and warm but also quick and efficient. She hears everything you tell her and gets on it right away. I had confidence in her service.
The only woman manager I noticed at the hotel was in the restaurant. She runs a good operation. Everyone in the restaurant is well trained and the food comes out from the Jackson kitchen quickly.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 2MarineMom

2MarineMom,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay. Our hotel is a unique experience like nothing else and the decor is designed to be different than a regular hotel you may stay in. I apologize about the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Our engineering team has made the necessary repairs and I will work with the front office team about your experience at check-in. I will share the positive feedback you shared about Jackson 20.

Dan T

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed at the Alexandrian for my Grandsons Spring Break trip to DC. The front desk staff able to arrange adjoining rooms for us which was a big bonus travelling with young children (8 and 2) The location is in a charming area of King St. a "shoppers paradise" We walked around the area bit, very quaint neighborhood with a lot of History. It is a quick shuttle ride to the Metro station and DC. The swimming pool is very large and has a life guard on duty during the day.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank marycorrigan

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback! We can't wait for you to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed during St. Patrick’s Day weekend for a mini-staycation. The lobby was bustling but the first thing you smell is buttery POPCORN! There are people making hot beverages in the back and I already start to feel comfortable. There is a bowl of green apples on the counter (a better option for my diet) but after check in I’m offered a splash of champagne and a chocolate covered strawberry from Patrick! These are my people.

The Autograph collection of the Marriott is such a cute spot. The lobby has doggy treats and bikes to rent. It’s all around modern. You don’t have to be a tourist to love it here. My room is spotless and I have a huge armoire in a Mandarin style to hide my junk. The king size bed is super comfy and one day I am going to splurge on these sheet and pillow sets.

Room service was pricey as always but surprisingly well-seasoned! My ribeye was in a compound butter that was to die for. The green beans I literally nibbled on while I unpacked and didn’t realize I ate them all. The cheese and charcuterie was plentiful but just OK. I prefer more soft cheeses and the menu didn’t offer a description- minor issue. Note: ask for any condiments up front. I had to send for steak sauce, ketchup and Tabasco. Dana delivered quickly with a smile, twice!

I am already plotting on when I will return. I must stay longer. This is a wonderful place to rest and experience Alexandria.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaSypress

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I hosted an Army Strong Bonds Event at the Alexandrian for Soldiers of my Battalion. I was informed the day of the event, while enroute to the venue, that the hotel was cutting the water off until 4 P.M due to essential improvements being made to their water piping system. Had I of been adequately informed with proper advanced notice, prior to contracting this event, I would have chosen another venue for Soldiers to enjoy.

Upon arriving to the hotel and checking into my room, a note was slipped under my door informing me that water would be cut off THE NEXT DAY, from 10 A.M - 4 P.M for the same reasons. Do you know how inconvenient and exasperating it is to host a group of 21 people that do not have access to water in a hotel that good money has been paid to lodge them? Let me inform you, they couldn't wash their hands. They couldn't use the bathroom. If they did, they couldn't flush their waste in the toilet. They couldn't take a swim in the pool or workout in the gym and take a quick shower prior to going out and enjoying the town. They couldn't relax in ways you'd expect you'd be able to when you plan a relaxing getaway. Instead of having freedom of plans, their plans ,in a sense, were restricted to their level of comfort with exposing themselves to unsanitary conditions.

Some Soldiers shared with me that although they wanted to rest in their rooms in preparation for the evening,they felt forced to leave their rooms and go out until 4 P.M. They did this to maintain sanitary conditions in their rooms, because the majority of Soldiers had roommates. Honestly, who wants to stay in a hotel room with feces that have been marinating for six hours in urine filled toilet water? Who wants to use an unflushed toilet behind their roommate? I'd be concerned about toilet water back splash and not being able to wash my hands after I urinating or defecating. I could not blame them for leaving. My husband and I did the same.

Concerns about house keepings ability to adequately clean rooms without water were raised. I watched House Keeping spray surfaces, wipe them down and leave. Is this all that is required to sanitize a bathroom?

When I asked to speak to someone about compensating my guests for their inconveniences, I was treated like I was begging for freebies. One front desk clerk told me I knew what I was agreeing to when I checked in. I informed him that I had no choice but to check-in because a contract had been signed and I had been notified of the water issues the day of our event. Another representative told me no one else voiced any issues about the water being turned off. She also tried to reason that it had only been off from 10 A.M - 4 P.M, as if it presented no major issues or concerns.

My experience of hosting the event here was frustrating because my group, my guest, deserved a better experience. I have facilitated Strong Bonds Events for 8 years. Some venues host our events and are genuinely glad to have our Soldiers as guest. Other venues host our events and simply are glad to have our money. Based on the lack of notice of the water issues, and their unwillingness to acknowledge their improper handling of the issue, it seems like this venue falls into the category of the latter.

Perhaps, we chose the right venue to patronize at the wrong time. I don't know. I don't plan on hosting another group event here to test this theory.

In closing, I do want to highlight the positive of the experience. In years past, The members of the conference service staff that supported our event were professional, personable, and attentive.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Charlene C
Daniel T, Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Charlene C,

Thank you for staying at The Alexandrian and sharing your candid feedback with us.

We are truly disappointed to learn that we had many shortfalls during your stay including the loss of water for repairs made on site. We had made the notice to the main contact of your group prior to your stay about the water repairs and we apologize this wasn't communicated properly to you. We will share this feedback with our team as a training tool to improve. Please contact me directly, I would like to discuss how we can compensate you for your inconveniences. dan.tadros@thealexandrian.com

We hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the potential of our hotel to you in the future.