All reviewspotomac riverking streetold towngastro pubextra perksfree shuttlereagan airportbraddock roadseveral blockshotel shuttleshuttle serviceblock walkhotel restaurantdc areametro stationrolandcapital
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The hotel has a great location in old town. It is only a block from the river. We stayed in room 614 and had a view of the river. It is about a 15 minute walk to the restaurants on King street. We will definitely return to the hotel. We got the parking package which saved $5 each day on parking.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear lowens002,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and especially about our location. At the hotel, we are located just a block away from the Potomac River opposite Washington DC and Maryland. We are happy the you enjoyed both the view and location and it is great to know that would come to see us again. We appreciate you for staying with us at our convenient location and we will see you the next time you are in Alexandria!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We stayed here recently and had a good time. The friendly staff made us feel very welcome and the whole place had a nice atmosphere. The bedroom and bathroom facilities were spotlessly clean and fairly modern, and the hotel was only a short walk from the centre of Alexandria which has a number of good restaurants. The trip by bus into Washington DC is fairly short, but sometimes, at rush hours there can be delays.
We would recommend this hotel to all visitors.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Angela S,

We appreciate your compliments and feedback on our hotel. It is our pleasure to serve you. We love knowing we achieved our goal in providing you with an overall experience that was exceptional. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we are anticipating your return to serve you. We're elated to know you would recommend us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

The most important thing about booking this room was the "handicapped shower". I called multiple times to make sure that this was in place. My sister is handicapped and its very important. I called the night before and they confirmed that she has a room with two queen beds with a "handicapped shower". On arrival we found that it was a tub (which my sister cannot maneuver). They gave us a new room with a king bed, and a cot. There were three of us in the room.

The first night I slept on the cot. The springs in the cot literally stabbed through the mattress. We asked for a new one...but the same thing happened with the new one. They gave us free breakfast twice which was something.

If you need a cot...don't stay here BUT

It's convenient to everything. Only 15 minute drive to DC. Close to plenty of restaurants and shops on King Street. The staff is helpful and polite. The breakfast is delicious and the service there was really excellent. The rooms are nice as well...but is not set up for visitors with handicaps.

If you

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear maryjbarker,

Thanks for the observations and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are vital in helping us to continue to assert improvements where it is necessary. We apologize that we did not appropriately accommodate you and your guest during your stay. We will go through our cots and find a solution to the issue you experienced. We look forward to you returning to allow us to exceed in our ability to serve you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Old Town Alexandria is a beautiful location to visit. I decided on the Crowne Plaza due to its location to DC and King St. Upon arrival the the front desk staff were welcoming and accommodating and gave very good options for the local area. Only complaint is they said they would contact us at 3pm (on my cell) to let us know our rooms were ready. They never called.

Once getting to my room (1201) I observed carpet stains and a large gap between the carpet, window and AC unit (which hardly worked) also the bathroom was dirty and the ceiling was beyond words. I take shower shoes with me whenever I travel..just in case....well I had to use them at this property. There was also a large crack between the ceiling and window molding. 1 of the dirtiest hotel rooms I’ve ever been in. YIKES!

For the positives: the hotel bar was a great location. Night shift bartenders Tristian (not sure on the spelling) and his coworker (can’t recall his name but he was from Jamaica originally) we’re beyond professional. They just didn’t throw drinks at you and leave. They were very entertaining and provided a few laughs. They always made sure your beverage was full and the food was not that bad. Those 2 bartenders are the reason I’m giving this property 3 stars. I normally don’t eat hotel food but I have to say it wasn’t that bad. The drink prices are as expected for a prime location property.

Other positives are the shuttle service to DCA and to King St. very helpful on the pocketbook and the drivers were always on time.

Overall I’m disappointed with this property. This is my 1st bad experience with a Crowne Plaza property and hope this is not a continuing trend. Hopefully management reaches out for further.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Indy251,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your experience is important to us. We strive towards the goal that each guest has a great overall experience. We regret we did not obtain that goal in your instance. Sharing your experience is vital in helping to show us where we can work harder to serve, assist and accommodate our guest better. We are really happy to have team members like Tristian and Deajion who made your experience special. We do thank you for comment and hope we may have you as a valued customer in the future and exceed in service to better serve you.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I read the mixed reviews of this hotel and wanted to give it a chance.

Pros: Nice views of the river, short and beautiful walk to old town area.

Cons: Front desk service was terrible. We traveled to this hotel by metro from Downtown D.C. I called to ask what the closest stop was and the clerk's response was very curt. I had to keep asking questions to figure out how to get there. When we arrived, the same woman who I spoke on the phone with, checked us in. She wasn't overly friendly, but I thought I would just give her some grace and let it go. We got to our room and I wanted to shower off. Once in the shower, I saw there was only 1 bath towel. My husband walked down to the front desk to ask for another one and she said she'd have housekeeping bring one to our room. It never arrived. The night before we left, we asked what time the shuttle started and were told 5am. We didn't want to risk being at the airport much later than 5am for our 6am flight, so we ordered an uber. The morning of our departure, we checked out at 4:30am and walked outside where the shuttle driver was asking if we needed a ride to the airport. Had we known, we would have saved ourselves $20.

We really wanted to like this place, especially because it was the end of our long-awaited trip without children. I rated this 3 stars instead of 2 simply for the location and the fact that when in the room we didn't hear planes going by or really any noise within the hotel, and our room was literally right next to the elevator. This place has potential, but we were disappointed. We are unsure if we'll be back in this city, but if we ever are, we will prob look at different places to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible for a better river view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elisabN1034WK
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear elisabN1034WK,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are vital in helping us to continue to assert improvements where it is necessary. We train our staff to exceed our guest expectations. We apologize that our staff was not exemplary during your stay with us. We would have preferred you were pleased entirely with your overall experience during your stay as one of our valued customer. We are also sorry about the confusion with our shuttle. Our shuttle is scheduled to start at 5 am every morning, there are a few occasions when they start running a little earlier but this is uncommon. Thank you for having chosen us to stay with. We do thank you for comment and hope we may have you as a valued customer in the future and exceed in service to better serve you.