Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
US$299
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetdc areashuttle serviceparking garagebreakfast and dinnerdrug storegeneral managerthe hotel staffi highly recommend this hotelcrystal cityfitness roomthe entire staffeasy accessfree shuttlefitness centermetro station
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The hotel is nice and the location makes it very quiet. Also, the staff is awesome. The front desk personnel are friendly and remembered me after only 1 stay! The food at the bistro is great and the staff there are extremely accommodating and friendly. Overall it is a great atmosphere. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Thank you for the nice comments. I have passed along your comments

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Stayed here for a couple of nights before flying internationally. We chose this hotel for the location and it was cheaper than staying in Crystal City. We wanted to be right by 395 to get to DC and to Centerville. The rooms are average Courtyard rooms. The business center is small and one of the computers wasn't working and there was someone trying to get a job there who was using one of the client computers to fill out an application! The hotel is very close to a drug store and liquor store, another convenience.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback.
We do have only 2 computers in the business center but we also have free WiFi in the lobby. We also have 15 restaurants with a short shuttle ride.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Stayed there for a one-night visit this week. We arrived very late. Sometimes this means that you have inexperienced staff at the front desk, but at this hotel there were two experienced team members ready to serve. Check in was speedy and efficient, and the courtesy and professionalism of the staff made us feel very welcome after a long day.

The hotel is not new, but despite an obviously dated architecture, the lobby area felt updated and modern. Not a big common room, and the coffee/breakfast area felt pretty crowded with tables (more on the service later).

The room was simple but felt new. Bathroom was small, but with the small counter in the entryway area to the room, it had the effect of a kind of mini-suite which came in handy the next morning (I had to get up before my daughter and was able to get ready for the day without disturbing her.)

The parking deck is not connected to the hotel, and the stairwell/elevator lobby for the deck is dirty, old, and unpleasant - but it is a parking garage. Covered, secure parking is an asset and the spaces and overhead were large enough for our large truck to maneuver comfortably.

The only knock on the hotel (that I think they should address) is the service at the breakfast bar. The staff members were not particularly friendly and did not seem to understand anything. It is odd to ask for coffee right in front of a large Starbucks sign and espresso machine and have the server look at you as if you had just made up a new word she had never heard before. We did not order anything that had to be cooked - just two espresso drinks, two muffins, and a cup of fruit. They managed to mess this up and again did not seem to know what the heck we were talking about. In the end, we got what we wanted but it was way more difficult than it should have been.

Aside from this, I would recommend this hotel. I was able to get a lot done in my room and appreciated the reliable, speedy free Internet service. Good cell coverage even though I use Sprint, and when I return to the area I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments.
Please do come back and visit us again

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Be ready to pay for parking !! other than that hotel is pretty clean I won't lie I was pretty pissed after I paid and the clerk said 21 dollars for parking I said wow there goes my breakfast money I wish I knew that information before I booked the hotel

Room Tip: most rooms are good just be ready for parking
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

mashtuck1,

We do charge for parking as do all the local hotels. It is also listed on our website.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I stayed here for four nights, while at a conference at nearby Virginia Seminary. The hotel was clearly converted from something else. As such, it wasn't as polished as other newer or purpose build Courtyard's often are. The immediate area isn't the best, with no good restaurants within an easy walk.

All of that said... the staff here is awesome. They were all friendly, attentive, and caring. I had breakfast every morning, and dinner two nights, in the Bistro. All of the staff was great. Manna Micael, who helped me each morning, was particularly wonderful. If I have another reason to visit Virginia Seminary in the future, I will absolutely look at staying here because of the staff.

Room Tip: High Floor... if in summer, hotel is often used by school tour groups... ask to be placed away from them
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

JRLander,
Thank you for your review, We do have shuttle service to local restaurants in Shirlington which is about 7 minutes away. There are 15 restaurants and shopping.

Sheldon