“Excellent staff but this hotel needs an upgrade”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The staff at this hotel are some of the best people I've met. Each and every one treats you like you are special, like a VIP customer, with the utmost in customer service and respect. The hotel itself on the other hand needs to be upgraded. Old weight equipment (machine), sub-par bathroom and furniture (maybe I'm spoiled), buffet breakfast is just average, and it was freezing cold in the hallways. But the staff is the best reason to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

stevehurwitz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as our guest. We appreciate the kind words surrounding the level of service our team provided, which is something they take great pride in delivering. Conversely, your feedback regarding some areas of opportunity will be shared and used for future improvements of our property.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We rarely stay much in our rooms on vacation but we do sleep and get put together. My biggest complaint is the mattresses. They desperately need new mattresses. Ours sagged and my back didn't like it at all. The room otherwise was clean and well taken care of.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Jessica B,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your guestroom and the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the constructive feedback regarding your mattress. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I was here on a DC trip with my school. The lobby was very nice but the room was very dirty. Under one of the pillows was either blood or something else. The TV barely worked. The cups in the mini kitchen were dusty. I am not coming back until it is cleaner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Nicole T,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping Department as this is certainly atypical. Please accept my apologies for our mis-step.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Upon arrival had to wait two hours for my room. I was here for four nights and woke up after 2nd night to find bed bugs. I was moved to another room for the remainder of my stay. I was not the only person who had this issue. I was with a group an another guest had to be moved. They really need to close down the floors (4 and 6) to assure they get rid of the problem. The TV in my second room continually never worked. I thought all Marriott Courtyards had refrigerators in room. First room had none and the second one had the refrigerator sitting on the floor. The hotel is not very clean at all.

Room Tip: Due to bed bug issue I can't said there is a good room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Sharon M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay while our guest. Your pest control concern was immediately handled by our provider and his inspection of the adjacent rooms resulted in no evidence of unwanted pests. In the coming weeks we will be adding refrigerators to all of our rooms which is a new Courtyard standard in which we are happy to meet.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 10-13-2017 until 10-17-2017. Hotel was nice and it was really nice because I stay in a room by myself. Well after checking out and settling in on the bus i went in my back pack to use me ipad and it wasn't there. I soon realized I left it at the hotel(even though it has been a few hours) I immediately called the hotel spoke to the person at the front desk and asked if anyone (cleaning lady) found an iPad and the front desk said no. That's the only place it would be besides the bus and it looked everywhere on there. I know it wasn't anyone I roomed with because I was by myself. Sadly someone has a locked ipad and is too cowardly to return it or take it to the front desk so it can be returned back to me. That's just not the kind of person I am! If it's the staff at this hotel, shame on them. I will be telling everyone who goes on the DC trip with their children to be aware of this at this hotel!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

John Edward W,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As it relates to lost and found, we have a strict policy in place to ensure items left behind are turned in for processing immediately. I will personally follow up with the Housekeeping Manager to check on the situation you described here.