Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
US$299
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskdc arearichmond highwayhuntington metro stationbudget hotelgreat roomclean roomsper nightfridge and microwaveold townpetwalmartmileredroofbeltwaygmvernon
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was going to Alexandria for a couple of nights to visit my daughter and needed a hotel for the first time - staying at her place was not an option this time for me. Looking for a clean bed, convenient to her area and on the cheap side.

I used priceline express deals and this was the blind option I received once going thru the choices. I have usually been pleasantly surprised when I get my hotel with almost every other time I used this or the Name your own price tool.

When the hotel was revealed, I let out an audible groan. I mean motel with exterior entrance doors - I should have forked over the additional cash for a "better" brand.

Pleasantly surprised with the room and the service. The check in gentleman was extremely nice and informative. No need to even leave a credit card on file since they are slim on (read as nothing) that can be charged to the room. I got to the room, I had a good king size bed, four pillows - two firm and two soft. Sink outside the bathroom / shower. Decent soap and shampoo and a packet of facial tissues. All good. TV was fine with plenty of choices including HBO. And getting the room for 40% off was the cherry on top.

So for me solo, it was great. Functional and clean for the two 7 hours times I spent in the room. It would not have worked as well if I had my significant other with me, but that is my issue!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Bikas S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel at a great rate!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Located strategically close to the intersection of Hwy 1 and I-495/95 (Beltway), just off the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Budget hotel, but very clean room and bathroom that are unbeatable at this price. Beds were comfortable. Room had a fridge and microwave. Overall, nice stay, nothing to complain about.

Tip: Rooms have an in-room safe, with a charge if you use it. The charge is pre-charged to the credit card at checkin. Make sure to ask the front desk to remove this charge at check out time, otherwise it will stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the deposit for the in-room safe to be removed from hotel bill, if in-room safe was not used.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Alexandria's Richmond Highway and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences. Thank you so much for your kind review!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very pleasant and cozy. The rooms are always clean and stocked with what you need. I come here frequently enough and Sudin at the front desk is always so professional and helpful to me and other guest I’ve observed him handling. Thank you again for the continued great service Sudin. Red Roof I will be back :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to let our staff, especially Sudin, know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're at the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Great customer service good rates SUDIN was a great help at the front desk it is in a good location there is stuff in walking distance for groceries and plenty of places for food especially there room service which was fast and the food was great.... Just want to say thank you for all the help and for your services had a great stay and even checked in for another week...Thank You

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Please call us if there is anything we can help you with. We're so glad Sudin was able to be a big help to you!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean affordable inn to stay at then come to Red Roof inn in Richmond Highway Alexandria VA. I always have good experience every time i go there. The staffs are very friendly. Debbie and Sarah are such friendly people. They are very respectful and friendly. Fantastic experience. Thank you all for being friendly.

Stayed: January 2018
Bikas S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review of the property. Sarah and Debbie are fantastic. They enjoy their jobs and love to share their knowledge of the area.

The housekeeping staff takes pride in a job well done. I hope that you will choose to stay with us every time you are in the area.

See you soon!