“Just minutes off of King Street in a nice neighborhood”

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed 6 nights here while he was in town for a work conference. We chose this hotel specifically because we are SPG members and also because of their location and amenities. We found our accommodations comfortable and yes, we were upgraded to a suite because of our status, but we certainly weren't expecting it so it was a pleasant surprise. No real view from the room and nothing over the top fancy but it is located in a nice residential area with a few nearby stores (Trader Joes, Harris Teeter, Hanks Pasta Bar)

The suite was spacious and included a room for a sitting area/TV/lounge and desk area and the bed was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was attentive, never had any issues. Included was a daily breakfast (basic toast, meat, egg, fruit and beverage) and evening Hors d'oeuvre (nothing special but nice amenity)

Did not try out the hotel gym because the weather was fantastic so made use of the many trails nearby. Great for walking, sightseeing or bike riding. Only a 13 minute walk or (less than 0.7 miles) to downtown “Walgreens” on King Street. Or if you choose to head over to the waterfront area (Torpedo Factory only 19 min, less than one mile)

Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Parking not included, but able to enter/exit daily without any issues and closed bill at time of checkout. Also has an airport shuttle.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to stay to others or when back in Old Town will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 October 2017

If your destination is DC you'll find hotels in Alexandria tends to be priced lower than downtown and that might be reason enough to stay here. The Sheraton is within an easy half hour drive of downtown DC and it's convenient to DCA too.

If your destination is Alexandria where most of the action is on King Street you'll find its a dozen blocks or so, a healthy walk, short shuttle or an Uber. There's a Trader Joe's nearby and a couple of restaurants that are highly rated by TA and affordable.

The rooms are great, I really like the circular layout which has a sense of privacy, the beds are top notch and there is a separate sitting area. Bathrooms have a shower/tub combo. There's barely enough power outlets, but that's the norm in older properties. WiFi was included in my rate. Decent sized TV too. Bottle water was $4.00.

Underground parking is about $26 a night and has a convenient elevator to the lobby. The Hoof and Fin restaurant is blase' and its often empty. The hotel is catering to the wedding crowd, so be prepared for that. The bar is pretty boring too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Our family of four stayed for 2 nights. Front check in was quick (maybe a little too quick) and inhospitable. Didn’t seem welcoming or friendly at all and didn’t even mention my platinum benefits. Had a room on the 8th floor and the first thing that hits you is the SMELL. Just a moldy, old room kind of smell. In fact after we left I still smelled it on my clothes. The air was off when we walked in so that certainly did not help filter that smell. We were expecting to get some refreshments and snacks at the club lounge. Except they didn’t offer any evening snacks like they advertise on their website (everyday throughout the year). I called front desk and they said they didn’t offer it this weekend. I asked why and they just said they didn’t. Well ok thanks for the thorough explanation.

On night 2 we found a huge critter (like a centipede?? But much faster that darted across our room). We had to open our door and finally chased it out. Pretty nasty!

Anyways we finally decided to check out early and spend our last night at another hotel.

I’ve stayed at several sheratons and this has to be one of the most disappointing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This hotel is in Old Town, so it's a nice location and easy walk to some neat things to do in Alexandria. The hotel shuttle runs until 11 PM. It is an easy ride to/from DCA. Standard rooms are small suites, but nicely laid out. There are doors between the office/living room and the bedroom and bathroom, so it's at least possible to hold a small meeting in the entry area of the suite. Desk and chair are comfortable for work (not always true these days).

Bed and bath seem new or well maintained. There are ample outlets and even some USB ports for charging phones, etc. on the nightstand and on the desk in the office area.

Front desk, bar, and restaurant staff are friendly. I ordered the breakfast buffet. Was disappointed. The baked goods (croissants and danish) were stale. Selections of other bread items was limited and unappealing. There were scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, and oatmeal. The fruit was nice. Very fresh pineapple and melon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this location on 9/25/17. Hotel is nice, clean and staff was courteous. After checking in- I went to my room and found bedspread stained with what appeared to be blood. I went back to the front desk and told them. I was informed that they would change bed linens. I went to dinner and returned to find key card don't work door. Went back to desk for new card (only used it 1 time), returned to room to find extra towels and wash cloths, but bedspread still stained. No show by 10pm. Finally accepted a no show for service.

Parking- on top of the over 200 per night for a single room- was surprised to find that it costs 26.00 per night to park in the parking garage. Seems a little steep to me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Good morning Barry,
thank you for staying with us and giving us some feedback. Please accept my apologies for the lack of attention to details by our housekeeping department and then the lack of follow up. I can assure you that our parking rates are competitive for hotels in Alexandria and Crystal City, underground parking is a necessary evil in any urban setting.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service for your next trip to Old Town Alexandria.
Regards,