US$127
CandlewoodSuites
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$140
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$170
US$165
CandlewoodSuites
The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$143
Autograph
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$105
Budget Host Travelers Motel(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$89
Priceline
US$300
US$75
Alexandria Motel(Alexandria)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$90
All reviewsfrench doorsthe club loungeharris teeterking streetold townroyal restauranttrader joesbraddock roadacross the streetnice suitefront desk staffliving roomairport shuttlesuite hotelpool and hot tubshuttle servicestreet parking
Reviewed 12 October 2017

If your destination is DC you'll find hotels in Alexandria tends to be priced lower than downtown and that might be reason enough to stay here. The Sheraton is within an easy half hour drive of downtown DC and it's convenient to DCA too.

If your destination is Alexandria where most of the action is on King Street you'll find its a dozen blocks or so, a healthy walk, short shuttle or an Uber. There's a Trader Joe's nearby and a couple of restaurants that are highly rated by TA and affordable.

The rooms are great, I really like the circular layout which has a sense of privacy, the beds are top notch and there is a separate sitting area. Bathrooms have a shower/tub combo. There's barely enough power outlets, but that's the norm in older properties. WiFi was included in my rate. Decent sized TV too. Bottle water was $4.00.

Underground parking is about $26 a night and has a convenient elevator to the lobby. The Hoof and Fin restaurant is blase' and its often empty. The hotel is catering to the wedding crowd, so be prepared for that. The bar is pretty boring too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Our family of four stayed for 2 nights. Front check in was quick (maybe a little too quick) and inhospitable. Didn’t seem welcoming or friendly at all and didn’t even mention my platinum benefits. Had a room on the 8th floor and the first thing that hits you is the SMELL. Just a moldy, old room kind of smell. In fact after we left I still smelled it on my clothes. The air was off when we walked in so that certainly did not help filter that smell. We were expecting to get some refreshments and snacks at the club lounge. Except they didn’t offer any evening snacks like they advertise on their website (everyday throughout the year). I called front desk and they said they didn’t offer it this weekend. I asked why and they just said they didn’t. Well ok thanks for the thorough explanation.

On night 2 we found a huge critter (like a centipede?? But much faster that darted across our room). We had to open our door and finally chased it out. Pretty nasty!

Anyways we finally decided to check out early and spend our last night at another hotel.

I’ve stayed at several sheratons and this has to be one of the most disappointing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cubbies805
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This hotel is in Old Town, so it's a nice location and easy walk to some neat things to do in Alexandria. The hotel shuttle runs until 11 PM. It is an easy ride to/from DCA. Standard rooms are small suites, but nicely laid out. There are doors between the office/living room and the bedroom and bathroom, so it's at least possible to hold a small meeting in the entry area of the suite. Desk and chair are comfortable for work (not always true these days).

Bed and bath seem new or well maintained. There are ample outlets and even some USB ports for charging phones, etc. on the nightstand and on the desk in the office area.

Front desk, bar, and restaurant staff are friendly. I ordered the breakfast buffet. Was disappointed. The baked goods (croissants and danish) were stale. Selections of other bread items was limited and unappealing. There were scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, and oatmeal. The fruit was nice. Very fresh pineapple and melon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this location on 9/25/17. Hotel is nice, clean and staff was courteous. After checking in- I went to my room and found bedspread stained with what appeared to be blood. I went back to the front desk and told them. I was informed that they would change bed linens. I went to dinner and returned to find key card don't work door. Went back to desk for new card (only used it 1 time), returned to room to find extra towels and wash cloths, but bedspread still stained. No show by 10pm. Finally accepted a no show for service.

Parking- on top of the over 200 per night for a single room- was surprised to find that it costs 26.00 per night to park in the parking garage. Seems a little steep to me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Good morning Barry,
thank you for staying with us and giving us some feedback. Please accept my apologies for the lack of attention to details by our housekeeping department and then the lack of follow up. I can assure you that our parking rates are competitive for hotels in Alexandria and Crystal City, underground parking is a necessary evil in any urban setting.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service for your next trip to Old Town Alexandria.
Regards,
Alfred Matter

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a weekend for a friend's wedding. The hotel is in a nice location in Old Town Alexandria and there is so much that is within walking distance. Check-in was fast and easy without issue.

ROOM (#904)

My room was upgraded due to my Platinum status. Also, because of my status, within about 30 minutes of checking in, a fruit and cheese plate along with a bottle of wine was brought to my room. It was great to be recognized as a Platinum guest. Parts of the room showed wear and tear, but overall it was okay.

The room had a king bed, 2 night stands, TV, (there was a door separating the sleeping area from the lounging area) pullout sofa, sofa and chair, desk and chair, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, a safe for valuables, closet with hangers, iron and board, and a sink.

BATHROOM

There was a shower/bathtub combination, toilet, sink, and hairdryer.

LOUNGE

The lounge was closed for Labor Day weekend, so in lieu of, we were given vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The lounge still had some bags of chips, fruit, and bottles of water available.

RESTAURANT

The breakfast buffet in the lounge was fairly good. They had pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, and cereal.

OVERALL

Overall, the room was in pretty good shape and I was treated well for having Platinum status. The lounge was closed but still had a few items and we were given the breakfast buffet to compensate for the lounge. The breakfast was pretty tasty. And, the hotel location is great. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple