“Delicious!”

Lena's Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
Lena's Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 879 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Lena’s menu features authentic Neapolitan pizzas straight from our wood burning oven. The dough is made using the finest double zero flour and pure spring water and the toppings are the finest available anywhere. Other amazing mouthwatering Italian specialties and salads also have a home on our menu. Food that is just like your grandmother’s cooking…if your grandmother is from Napoli! The inspiration for Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap comes from the Yates family matriarch, Lena. Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap has been created to provide a gathering place where families and friends can escape their hectic daily routines, relax and commune in an environment reminiscent of the family table that meant so much to Lena, John and their sons. Lena's offers weekday happy hour (M-F, 3-7pm), weekend brunch with a Bloody Mary bar, Meatball & Martini Mondays (a steal of a deal on both!), half off wine on Wine Down Wednesday, and select 10" pizzas for just $10 after 10pm everyday!
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a late dinner before heading home. Great, fast service and awesome atmosphere. Perfect place for drinks and pizza. The pizza was absolutely delicious. Will definitely visit again!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Been there for 3 times now, I do like the concept and I was lucky to be served by a great server the first time I came ( otherwise, I will have been 1 time and out)
The last time I came, server was not very focused, not explaining the menu and I had to ask a lot a questions to understand was was the deal of the day. The service is inconsistent. I will go back because the quality/price is good but I will make sure I do ask the name of the good/ great servers.

Date of visit: September 2018
AlexRestPart, Owner at Lena's Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear James,
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We truly appreciate your feedback, as this is the best way to gain insight, especially having visited with us before. We are disappointed to hear of your last experience and lack of service as this is not the standard of excellence we try so hard to deliver. We would like to speak with you further so that we may address the areas of concern and speak with the persons involved here at Lena's to ensure this does not happen again. Please send me an email at DaveN@alexrestpart.com with a good form of contact and someone from our operations team will be in touch with you very soon. Thank you in advance, we look forward to hearing from you, James.
Warm regards,
Dave Nicholas

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered:

Caesar Salad-fresh, large and good
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich with homemade chips: unfortunately due to the time it takes for delivery to arrive the sandwich was cooled off - but the spouse said it was delicious and the the chips tasty.
10” mushroom pizza-flavors were great - the chili’s on the side were awesome - wish the pizza would have actually been a bit charred-the crust was light in color so a bit soft - I do like my pizza crispier.
Cannoli-my husband is a self proclaimed expert and he raves about the cannolis. The filling was light, not too sweet and he could have esteem two orders.
Easy to order by uber eats. According to trip advisor it is 1/2 mile from our hotel and it took about :50 mins. Yes, we are being lazy and watching college football. Good meal and we would order again.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great pizza flavor, wood fire oven means a crisp crust on yuor pizza. Good selection of draft beers to choose from. Weather was nice sonyou can sit outside.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Their seafood linguine paired with a Monday Martini $7 special was so good. The garlic and butter sauce mixed with the variety of squid, octopus, mussels, and hearty shrimp were juicy and savory. I left with my belly full and satisfied. It's also very walkable from the Metro stop.