All reviewstypical courtyardcrystal cityfront deskmarriott courtyardmetro stationshuttle serviceruns every minutesan early flightfree shuttlesmall fridgeother hotels in the areabusiness tripdefinitely stay here againparkinglobbystarbucksprinter
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The hotel is currently going through renovations, but were nearly complete. The rooms are very modern and full of conveniences. There was no construction noise before 9 am on the weekdays, and none on the weekend. The shuttle service to the Metro and restaurant areas was very handy and a nice perk. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

So I reserved a room online here NYE night for the party at the Regency Hotel next door but at the time of booking they were booked so I reserved at the Courtyard. I constantly checked the Regency Hotel for any cancellations so I could be able to switch hotels. I finally had success a few days later which would if been like 3 weeks before New Years Eve. So I canceled my reservation with Courtyard and received an email and everything. I went through my bank statements a month ago and noticed charged my card anyways on New Years day, not once but TWICE. They gave my bank a Very hard time refunding the money but eventually received a refund but I'm just annoyed at how was that even possible. I could of at least received an apology email or letter but have received nothing. I would NEVER give my money to a Courtyard period and I spend plenty overall with Marriott. All I'm saying just be careful doing online reservations and or any transaction at the hotel. Good luck

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
CC-CYTD, Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for writing your feedback regarding reservation cancellation. We sincerely apologize that the refund process took longer than anticipated. We hope that this will not deter you from booking with Marriott and look forward to creating a memorable experience for you next time your travel brings you back to Arlington area.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Great building, excellent location, fantastic reception staff. Acknowledged my loyalty. Food and beverage staff super nice. Currently being renovated. My new room was very nice.

No shampoo in room.
WiFi slow and intermittent
Nice big HD TV but analog signal
No soap dish in shower
HVAC unit fan scraping its cowling. So noisy I had to turn it off.
No newspapers. No explanation, they just said no.

I’ll probably look for an alternative next time I’m in the area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
CC-CYTD, Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport and sending your honest feedback.

We are ecstatic that you liked our new and modern rooms, our amazing location and our fabulous staff. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations as far as the issues are concerned.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, your business and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Stayed here while flying from Florida to avoid a hurricane. Had found a low room rate online but when I arrived, front desk agent said she could not book it for me and asked me to go online to book the room myself and then have her pull up the confirmation. This took a few minutes but I did it and was able to check in. Room was clean. Parking a bit pricey at $29/day. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Male front desk agent was very kind and helpful. I recall his name was Fish (?). Will stay at this hotel again next time I fly to/from Reagan National Airport.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CC-CYTD, Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Arlington. We appreciate your review. Please come back and see us again.

Management

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to DCA and because generally I like Marriott properties. But this one has some issues. The check-in was fine and the young lady checking me in was very kind to give me room a couple hours before normal check-in time. But I was grossed out to find that the toilet on the room had not been flushed! And then the handle of the toilet came off in my hands when I tried to flush it. I had to lift the cover off the toilet every time I used it. Getting in the room early was a bonus, but unfortunately, there was drilling and hammering going on right above me all afternoon, and it was difficult to concentrate on the work I needed to do. In addition, the heater was quite cranky and the room would not stay warm. In the middle of the night, I woke up freezing, and had to get a blanket out of the closet to get warm again. Many of the satellite channels on the TV had very poor reception and the signal kept getting lost. Finally, when I went downstairs to print my boarding pass for the next morning's flight, I could not get either one of the printers to work. The desk clerk gamely tried to fix the problem, but it could not be done. There are some positive aspects to this hotel. A Harris Teeter grocery store is just a few blocks walk away. The shuttle van driver was very helpful, and I had no problem getting to my flight with plenty of time.

Room Tip: I had a room facing toward the airport rather than the main highway. I recommend this.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
CC-CYTD, Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this type of discomfort from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

KARLA CANALES