“Good dinner”
Review of Sibarita

Sibarita
Ranked #250 of 902 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: South American
Description: Bolivian restaurant. New. Instead of Don Arthuro.
Description: Bolivian restaurant. New. Instead of Don Arthuro.
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We went out on a whim. Cast about for a hamburger place and this popped up. Decided to go because we like to go to places we haven't been. There was only one burger on the menu and it looked good but decided to have the Planchita, ribs, an egg, and chorizo with a collection of veggies including fried plantain, yucca, fat fries, rice, tomatoes, and onion. It was sized for two and was delicious. A good place.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

The inside felt a bit sad ( not as colorful as the photos lead you to believe), so we sat outside. No table paper or place mat, and being outside with the street nearby, it felt a bit dirty an unhygienic. Table was swollen by the rain. I more than disliked having to drink water in flimsy plastic glasses (wine in glass glass). It's a sit-down restaurant!

Lamb silpancho was generously served in tasty meat and bland overcooked rice with a few soft fat fries. Beef lomo a la chorellana had a much smaller piece of meat, not very special, except good red onions. Not sure what the chorellana was supposed to be. Same overcooked rice. Some pico de Gallo, a bit bland, to act as salad. Tasty spicy green salsa.

Waitress was very nice and with good timing. The best part of this restaurant with limited choice. The menu is big but it seems to be constantly meat and rice with few variations​.

1  Thank TravelingCat22
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My family and I went for lunch on a Sunday. Our server recommended us the Camba Coya and kjawi soups. They were tasteless. Horrible! It looks that they cook every ingredient separated and then mix then up.
The meat in it mas honestly nasty.
We ordered everything at the same time and we got each soup at a time. Mine came when everybody was almost done with theirs.
We got no silverware or napkins.
No refills on our drinks.
Worst place ever! Waste of money

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This was my first exposure to Bolivian cuisine so I have no reference for comparison. Everything was freshly made and quite tasty. Meats were tender and well seasoned. I did not see a big difference between one dish and another as far as the flavor profile and I found the meal a bit carb heavy for my taste. A fresh jalapeno sauce was served separately for those who wanted to add some heat. Service was excellent, very attentive and friendly. Tres leches cake for dessert was excellent. Portions are large and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

A Groupon enticed me to this mom and pop type restaurant on Washington Blvd. The restaurant is not that fancy but the service staff are excellent and helpful. My friend ordered the guacamole which came with large green beans, onions, diced tomatoes and some cheese. The dish had a very fresh taste to it and lot different from the ones served in Mexican restaurants. We also ordered a dish of Chicken and Shrimp skewers which actually came out good. The meat was tender and it came with a spicy green sauce. One final dish that was ordered was a shrimp ceviche. The texture was different again with large pieces of fresh tomatoes and onions. It had a different taste to it. I will probably come back for their weekend menu, which has peanut soup.