“Best Ethiopian Food in DC/VA”
Review of Enjera

Enjera
Ranked #51 of 958 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017

If you've never had Ethiopian food, this is the place to go! It is hands down, the best Ethiopian food in the area (DC/VA).

I've lived in DC for 15 years and have tried most, if not all the Ethiopian restaurants in the area . However, Enjera continues to be my favorite. Everything is amazing here, but I especially love Awaze Tibs, Shiro, and the veggie combo.

I love this place and I'm sure you will too!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My friend was told that D.C. is known for Ethiopian food so we googled and found a spot walking distance to the hotel.

Enjera is located on a street with other ethic restaurants.

The restaurant was very nice and clean. Service was friendly. The waitress recommended the meat lover combo and the veggie combo. Great recommendation as we got to try almost everything in the menu. Not knowing what to order it was a good choice. The injera was different. Looks spongy and taste different. It's served with the meal.

Overall it was a very nice. Thumbs up for me

1  Thank MRoseNguyen
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

This is only the second time that I have had Ethiopian food. I'm in town for business and wanted to try something different that I can't get at home. I enjoyed it. My dinner was excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it if you like to try different ethnic foods.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We went as a party of 6 and 2 has never had Ethiopian of any kind before. The braised mushroom appetizer (recommended by the waitress) was amazingly complex, flavorful and spicy. We asked for a combination platter for the entire table and were not disappointed. The enjera were fresh, spongy and perfect. Everyone left stuffed and very happy. If there was one comlaint it was that the beer selection was a little lackluster but nothing horrible. Overall, this is a great place that I'm glad we tried after a long day of meetings.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Excellent Ethiopian fare served on an injera. Portions are large, so it is best to share. The service is friendly and prompt but not rushed. Not having Ethiopian coffee was a disappointment. If you go, go in a group and share the meal, Ethiopian style on a common plate. You will get to enjoy more dishes and flavors.