“Great seafood”

Mussel Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mussel Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,005 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

If you're staying in Arlington and have a hankering for seafood, Mussel Bar serves up some excellent fare with a wide variety to choose from - but the mussels and oysters are where it's at. An order comes in it's own skillet, swimming in flavor and will leave you satisfied. There is some confusion in that their happy hour prices only apply to drink ordered at the "bar", which other than being a bar isn't really separated from the rest of the restaurant, so if you're coming for drinks in the early evening make sure you grab a seat there to get your dollar's worth.

1  Thank Zach S

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Impressive choice of beers and "moules frites"! The fries were actually very good (thin like we eat them in Europe) but we were a little disappointed by the mussels... The sauce was not tasty enough (we did not feel the wine in there). Therefore, they are a lot of other options... We had a very good flatbread! The ambience was casual and fun! Service was pretty good, they helped my friends adding a candle on my dessert to surprise me for my birthday!

1  Thank Jen L
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Went with another couple for the first time based on other Trip Advisor reviews and just wasn't too impressed. Although the atmosphere is trendy and lively, the food was fair. The selection looked unique enough, but after eating my salmon dish (expressed by our waitress as the most popular) I had a very heavy feeling in my stomach. Not sure what it was prepared with, but it didn't sit easy with me. My bottled beer was barely cool vs. cold and overall, the service was pleasant but a little slow despite us not being in a hurry.

Not worth it for me.

2  Thank aTriguy
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We enjoyed a couple drinks at the bar after dinner somewhere else in Ballston. The bartender was excellent. Despite the fact that it was crowded, she was attentive, friendly, and seemed to be working very hard. The beer selection is excellent and reasonably priced for area bars. Others at the bar had food and it looked very good so we plan to come back for dinner sometime.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We went to this place last night and it was so much fun. I wanted to thank the lovely Whitney. Her smile just brightened the place and made our time there all the nicer.