“Trails”

Potomac Overlook Regional Park
Ranked #29 of 109 things to do in Arlington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

trails and a nature center. concerts in the summer. contrary to its name, it does not overlook the Potomac

All reviews
"picnic"
"visitors"
"hill"

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

It was a cold Saturday when I ventured out to Potomac Overlook Park and there were not a lot of people at the park. I strolled to the Nature Center to get a map and took the Red Maple Trail to the Overlook Trail. The Red Maple Trail was not well marked but I got to the Overlook Trail and to the Overlook itself. You can see the GW Parkway easily and just a couple small pieces of the river. My biggest issue is that the section of the Red Maple Trail I took initially had NO markers at all. The Overlook Trail was well marked and had info signs. Wish they took care with all the trails.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The Overlook is a great way to escape the bustle of suburbia within minutes and commune with nature. Over the years I’ve taken Boy Scouts and Venture Crews for hikes along the park’s trails, or trekked them on my own for exercise or birding. Great place to relax and reflect.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Friends of ours suggested to meet for a morning hike in this park. We started at the visitor center, where we saw several types of snakes and turtles. The kids enjoyed the immediate color feedback they received for changing the relief in the kinetic sand box. We took a quick tour of the birds of pray exhibit, then we headed for the Overlook Trail. It is an easy trail, but the kids loved navigating all the little obstacles and crossing the creek several times. We didn't notice an overlook, but we ended up next to the Potomac, where the kids spent additional energy throwing rocks in the river. Overall, it was an excellent experience and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank mgnelu