“Great Location and Service”

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Location and Service”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is in a great area and customer service is over the top. I recommend that Starwood downgrade this hotel to a lower tier because the rooms need to be updated. It's an old hotel, I see that you have tried to keep it up but I think you could do a lot more in means of the guest rooms (i.e. new baths, wallpaper, drapes, carpet, lighting, and decor). The bed was great, almost like the heavenly bed, that's all that matters is a great place to sleep and this hotel did that. However, the price needs to be lowered because of the quality of the rooms, but it's DC.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I spent five days here at this hotel. The room was alright. Nothing remarkable despite paying almost $200 a night. The room was clean, bed was great but the rooms look dated. Just a plane clock radio, no Ipod player.

I was placed in the loyalty floor and the only difference I could detect was a bottle of water the first day of my stay. The bathroom is small, as is the closet. This hotel is out of the way. A short shuttle drive (hotel provides) from the Regan Airport but not close to much of anything at all. The hotel did provide a shuttle to Pentagon City where we could catch the Metro (subway) to sight-see. Although close to Arlington National Cemetery, to get into the Cemetery we had to ride the shuttle to Pentagon City and catch a subway to the main gate. No restaurants nearby beside the one in the hotel so it was expensive and limited to eat anyplace else. The amenities were average. The little cotton balls and q-tips were available the first day but not replenished. There was a coffee pot in the room but only one serving of coffee was stocked. Room service was expensive. Two bowls of oatmeal and a container of coffee was $29. There is a coffee bar until 11am and I could buy the same thing for $15. The hotel has a roof top swimming pool but it was closed during our visit for the remodel. The view from my room was the opposite side of D.C. fortunately one of the women who worked at the hotel let us in a conference room in the evening so we could enjoy the view of D.C.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is not near the construction. It was noisy during the day, hammering and d...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
SRagosta, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Ms. Patspell,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton National for your recent stay here in DC.

I first wanted to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves at providing an unparalleled level of service and obviously we fell short.

The hotel’s location actually is a hidden gem. The shuttle service provides access to the metro but also Pentagon Row which is attached to one of the largest malls in the area. This provides access to numerous restaurants and shops. This allows for a short metro ride to the National Mall and the Smithsonian. Also, a revitalization is ongoing on Columbia Pike just a few blocks away. Within walking distance is now a brand new pubs, restaurants, wine bars and shops.

On property we provide 4 dining options for breakfast. As you mentioned there is room service and the barista. There also is our full service restaurant that has two options, a full Hot American Buffet that changes daily and an a la carte option. These four options hit all price points and we even provided room packages that include breakfast at a discount.

As in the other review, we apologize for the pool “renovation”. We actually are only fixing the pool’s surface and it should be open soon. We apologize for the noise that you encountered and I hope that you brought this to our attention as we always want feedback; even if it is negative. Any feeback is a great tool for us to better train our associates.

Again, thank you for staying with us and on your next visit please reach out to me as I would like to take care of your breakfast.

Scott Ragosta
Guest Relations Manager
Scott.ragosta@sheratonnational.com
703.271.6603
Warwick, NY
Reviewed 17 February 2012

If you want to look out your hotel window and see the Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, U.S. Capitol Building, and the Jefferson Memorial - stay at the Sheraton National Hotel and request an upper floor view of the city. You'll be impressed. There are very few buildings that have a view of D.C. This is one of them.

It helps to have a car if you stay here. The hotel is under renovation. My room was a Priceline deal on the 12th floor. It was recently renovated. Basically, it's brand new. The bath is fine. The bed is comfortable. There's a new flat screen TV. They have excellent canvas photos of DC sites.

While there are a lot of add-on costs, like parking, I guess because of the construction, the wifi is free right now. I've stayed here many years ago. And I would stay here again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor with a view of DC.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hi Warwick Traveler,

Thank you for your review. We are always interested in hearing our guests' feedback. While it may have seemed like we are under renovation when you were here, we actually are only top dressing the pool's surface.

I am glad that you were able to see the amazing view, especially in the morning as you can see the sun rise above our National Treasures.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we enjoyed hearing your feedback.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The staff was friendly and did their best to help us sort our key-card situation (we had to get our cards re-programmed twice). The front desk also immediately sent someone up when the phone in one of our two rooms wasn't working.

Aside from the technical difficulties, this was an average stay. I felt like the price didn't justify the room, and that I'd been to cheaper hotels with more amenities and better decor.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Most friendly hotel staff in DC area! I've been to DC a few times for conferences. This was the first time our conference was held at the Sheraton National. The conference room was a little tight, but the staff was the most friendly I've ever encountered in this area. My room was very clean and comfortable and had a great view of the Arlington National Cemetery and DC. The bathroom was VERY clean. The temperature control was on the wall (not on the actual heater) worked perfectly. There was complimentary water in my room daily. The fitness room was equipped with 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines (not working while I was there), and 2 stationary bikes plus some weights and machines. Bring your own headphones to watch the TV on the machines. And if you want, you can climb the stairs up to your room for exercise. The stairway was well lit and clean. The only negative is the location - not near anything except for an Ethiopian restaurant right down the street. However, there is a shuttle service to the Pentagon City mall and metro station if you want public transportation. Overall, love the hotel and staff. Location not as desirable for sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor facing the city. I had room 920 which had a great view and was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business