1,399 results
All reviews pentagon city the air force memorial front desk rooftop pool city view the club lounge every half hour free shuttle shuttle service metro station washington dc hotel restaurant the hotel offers king bed reagan airport fitness center parking
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I was there for business trip hoping to have a good stay in Arlington Sheraton. However, and unfortunately my hopes were gone with the wind.
For a huge some of money per night, i did not get a complimentary breakfast which no where it said so. The internet is fee based unless you are staying in the lobby which was not comfortable as it had lots of people with minimal seats.
The swimming pool was closed during my 5 nights stay.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere except for the shuttle that takes you to the nearest fashion city ( mall) otherwise you are stuck in the hotel.
My room had a view over the A/C compressors - make sure you insist on a better room since you have nowhere to go at least have a good view.
Room had only hard soap, and shampoo with no shower gel!!!!!!! No shoe cleaner!!!!
On the other hand, the ONLY restaurant there was good with good food.

Room tip: Make sure you have a good view not looking at the A/C outside units Make sure to have complimentary breakfast get higher floor rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear wgerousis,

Please allow me on behalf of the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel team, to thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. As noted you did not have a satisfactory stay as we would prefer you did.

Even though I am not aware of the dates of your stay, I would like to advise you our Health Club and Pool we have just completed a renovation of both and re-opened them both as of Nov. 24th. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast, however, we have a great Breakfast Buffet available each day in our Potomac Restaurant. Our location allows for ease of driving in and out of the Washington DC area. The Shuttle to the Metro/Pentagon CIty Mall, does allow for our guests to experience a great deal of options for food, entertainment and shopping.

We know we can not exchange your experience in which you had, I just wanted to let you know about changes since your visit with us. As a team, we do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during stay with us.

Hopefully you will consider staying with us in the future. We would like to share with you all of the recent upgrades we have done to our hotel. Your positive feedback about our restaurant was great to hear as well. We have shared this with our team to ensure we continue upon success in the Restaurant and areas of improvement throughout the hotel.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. It does allow for us to continue to make adjustements to make our operation the best possible for all guests.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, great location. No problems until I went to bed.

Shortly after falling asleep major construction started RIGHT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW!!!!
I was awake the entire night -- called the front desk -- even called the police to no avail. Dump trucks, earth movers, jackhammers, you name it. I actually thought I was being "punked". I could believe the hotel is even remaining open during the period.

I later found out the construction of a replacement bridge is slated to last for three years. I wouldn't go anywhere near this property until the construction is completed.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Bryan D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience of your most recent stay with us. As per your feedback, the experience was not one that you expected nor one that we wanted you to have to experience as we strive to ensure each guest has a positive experience.
The team of the Sheraton Pentagon City is aware of the construction in the area, which the State of Virginia is responsible for completing over the next three years. The work started several months back and at different stages through the project, the volume of noise overnight will be more than we may be aware of or expecting to take place. We speak to the Construction Superintendent regularly to see when there will be extreme impact to our hotel and attempt to make adjustments in placing our guests to keep the impact to our guests at a minimum. Unfortunately, there are times the project shifts and we are not made aware of the potential impact to our hotel until we are all in the middle of the change in the project. So we do apologize the work being completed outside of our hotel had such an impact for your stay with us.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and we will be more than happy to work with you as best as possible to ensure you do not experience the impact from the Bridge Renovation taken place at the rear of our building.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We spent the first three days of our honeymoon here - I know its not the ideal location but we wanted to see Washington before going on to the carribean. Washington is so interesting, with loads to do we spent three days and only touched a fraction of the sights. As for the hotel, lovely view of the city, good location in as much as they run a convenient shuttle to the airport (Regan) and to the mall (good for the trains) but when the hotel lists that a taxi from Dulles is $30 - forget it, it was over $60. The staff were polite, the food ok and the room comfortable, if I had to moan it would be about the pillows which are too soft but there are worse things and in the great scheme of things hardly a reason not to go there. Oh forgot to say that I booked this hotel as I thought it would be good to make use of the pool at the end of tiring days walking around Washington - would have been good to know that the pool was closed for revamping, had I known this I would have booked elsewhere. Would I go again, unlikely but good for business travellers because of the location.

Room tip: go for city view and higher floor as it cuts out the road noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I was here for one night. I thought the hotel was pretty good overall. I had some difficulties with check-in, the room I paid for through Expedia was supposed to be for a King bed, with DC city view. The lady who checked me in asked me if I wanted double beds or king (huh?). When I got up to my assigned room, naturally it did not have the DC city view. We had to lug all our stuff back downstairs and speak to someone else at the front desk about the situation. A gentleman told me the room we had pre-paid was supposed to be "standard room, first available." Come on, now, it was for Thanksgiving night, the hotel was half empty, and secondly, I did not book a standard room, I paid more for the King room with the city view. So finally, they assigned me to a different room on the 11th floor. The view was beautiful. It was an adjoining room which was slightly annoying, you could hear the people in the next room coughing, wasn't a huge problem though, I brought a white noise machine with me. The TV was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. One annoying thing I did not like, they only gave us one bar of soap, and it was in the shower. There was nothing to wash your hands with at the sink. So we had to keep taking the bar of soap out of the shower to use at the sink and vice versa. Also, the sink was outside of the bathroom, not sure why, there was a huge counter space IN the bathroom that could have been the sink, I prefer rooms with the entire bathroom, inside the bathroom. The toilet ran all night, too, we told the front desk at checkout. OVERALL, for one night, it was a pretty decent stay, no major complaints.

Room tip: Ask for room with DC view on 11th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear chesneygirl1180,

Thanks for taking your time to share with us your feedback from your most recent stay. We appreciate your compliments, however, we did not completely satisfy you as we would hope for each of our guest experiences to be.

We have reveiwed this with our team and we do apologize in the initial mistake upon your arrival. Our training process was reviewed and updated to enure we further explained to our team all the different peices of the reservation to confirm with each guest. We hope with some new and updated items, we will be able to continue to be greater in resolving your type of experience in the first contact with our team.

Our team will continue to focus on the placement of guests as our occupancy may allow as we want to attempt to meet or exceed each guest experience.

Our team thanks your for all your feedback and look forward to seeing you here in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I "won" this hotel bidding on Priceline for 55 dollars a night, only to find that you could actually book this hotel on their website for that very price. I'll admit that I was a bit nervous going in about a Sheraton selling rooms for 55 bucks a night. That's a price that many 1 star properties go for. Now that I've stayed here, I'm not sure if the problems I had were the reason for that, or whether they were here because of that.

Let me explain. I was given a city view room, which was awesome. I was told this was an upgrade so that was highly appreciated. Unfortunately, it was an adjoining room. My personal opinion is that adjoining rooms should be given out LAST, and this certainly did not look like a busy night at the hotel. What happened was, about an hour into my stay, the people in the room next door returned. And I proceeded to hear their conversations rather clearly and a whole lot of banging. For the banging, I'm not sure what was going on to be quite honest, but I do know they had a child (because I could hear it). Well, I wasn't going to be able to sleep like that. So I had to switch rooms and lose the view.

The 2nd night, I returned to my room at 9:30. I kept hearing a bunch of banging above me, like I was in an apartment complex with thin ceilings. I just thought it would die out. It didn't. By 11:30, I had to tell the front desk to get them to control their child (I knew it was a child because I went and listened to be sure). Their security guard did just that...and magically, the noise stopped.

Now, some people may say that the hotel cannot be responsible for bad parenting. That may be. What they *can* control is not putting people in adjoining rooms unless they absolutely have to, and not dropping their prices to levels that don't jive with the star level of the hotel. No matter where you are, a rack rate of 55 dollars for a 3.5 star hotel just doesn't fit. And I firmly believe that the clientele starts to change when 1 star prices are charged.

Besides that, it is a pretty isolated location. They have an hourly shuttle van to the nearest metro stop, so you can work around that if you'd like. No eating anywhere within walking distance, either. That was a pain. Even though the rooms are dirt cheap, the restaurant isn't, so either call in for pizza or pick it up on the way in.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear ChristopherEng1979,

Please allow me this opportunity to say thanks for your candor in your feedback. We greatly appreciate to hear the thoughts of our guests. Your concerns and thoughts will be reveiwed with our team. It is hard to totally prevent from placing guests into connecting rooms, but we will look further into our process to make sure we move guests around as best as possible.

Thanks also for taking the time to share with us. Our goal is to ensure each guest experience is a positive experience while staying here. Your thoughts on our rates, etc, we will review and continue to work on ensuring all guests are taken care of appropriately.

Our hotel is not in the heart of DC, we do attempt to accomodate this via our shuttles to the metro departing regularly from the hotel and to the Airport as well. There is new development taking place in the area which will be impacting us over the next few years. We hope with the future development our location will continue to be even more enticing to all of our guests.

Thank you for all of your feedback and we hope our hotel or a sister property will be able to see you staying with us.

Kind regards,