“Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot rave about this place enough!

They have so many vegan options its crazy! Plus they arent crappy vegan options, they have tempeh bacon... that says it all.

RESERVATIONS:
My family and I came in for Sunday brunch and left happy and full! We made a reservation via yelp after I had called the day before and they recommended us to come early. We arrived at 10 am and there were people there but it wasn't overly busy we got sat right away. If we would have showed around 11-1 we would have had a slight wait time since it did start to pick up.
They only accept reservations via yelp or its first come first serve.

I really hope a manager sees this post because our server was probably one of the best servers I have ever had. Her name was Bina. Thank you! She was busy and still made time to chat with us, make sure our drinks were never empty, and attended to whatever we needed. Plus! she made the bloody Mary's herself. She was great and made our whole experience so much better.

If you are vegetarian I highly recommend their sweet potato pancakes, my mom is veg so I tried some of hers and they were so good!
You really can't go wrong with any of their food.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (431)

Reviewed 14 October 2020

My wife and I met our son-in-law there for breakfast while we were staying in Old Town. The atmosphere was very casual and we enjoyed an excellent breakfast and good conversation. I had the french toast. My wife had an omelette. Our son-in-law had the egg wrap. We were all satisfied. The service was excellent as well. I especially appreciated the pay a the table. It is always a little stressful to see the waiter walk away with your credit card. I highly recommend this place for breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 26 September 2020

This is a fine place to eat if you're going to the theater in the area. Make a reservation at least a day in advance. Fine menu, but it's often crowded, so it takes a while to get your food.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020

We took the cash we had not used for snow shoveling to go out for dinner. After looking around Shirlington we decided to eat at Busboys and Poets. It was a good choice. Since we were having an early dinner, there were plenty of tables available. (something that was not true when we finished dinner, about 7:30). Since there was an influx of diners shortly after we arrived, the service was a bit slow, but the food was delicious. Again, when we first arrived it was rather quiet and we could converse with no difficulty but with the surge of diners, it did get to be rather noisy. All in all it was an enjoyable dinner. I do recommend having an early dinner.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Breakfast with my daughter who has autism, and is uncomfortable around families and lots of noise, is challenging. Staff set us up perfectly and did all they could to make her comfortable. The food was amazing, and we love to check out the book store that’s part of restaurant. It’s an interesting place, where all are welcome.

Date of visit: February 2020