“I am pretty easy to please”
Review of Palm Leaf Motel

Palm Leaf Motel
Palm Leaf Motel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

When traveling solo for work, I am not fussy. I book cheap after reading reviews and filtering the ones that are obviously too picky about rooms for under a hundred dollars. I've had gems for $50...This was NOT one. I look for 4 easy goals to meet, in order: reasonably clean, hot water, coffee maker, and WiFi.

This place had hot water...room was filthy and old, no coffee maker, and when I called the front desk, I was told that the WiFi password was a phone number. Tried it three times, called back to make sure I got it right. No go.

Avoid this place regardless of budget.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 April 2016

To start with, the employee at the front desk was very friendly. I asked her if I could have a key to check the rooms before I paid for them - she did not hesitate to provide me with them. We had two rooms reserved and I checked both. Yes, the hotel is dated; however, the rooms were clean and did not have a bad odor. It was chilly so I turned on the heat and it worked great. The beds appeared to be somewhat new and were comfortable. The bed and bath linens were all clean. We travel to Ashland, Va often to visit family and we will continue to stay at the Palm Leaf as long as it stays clean and well kept.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

the worst motel I have ever stayed at in my life. it was so filthy. my room had another door in in which led to god knows where, it sucked officially. the front desk person didn't even show up until we waited outside for 15 minutes. my husband and I only stayed here because we needed to kill a few hours before checking in to the la quinta. I didn't even bother laying on the bed. there were flies and plenty of insects with in the bathroom just lounging on the toilet. I sat in a chair with my purse close to me hoping not to pick up any insects. don't go here. I let someone pick this place out for me. I would never make that mistake again. most of the ppl within the motel rooms live in those motel rooms:(

Room Tip: by far the worst
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allpinkeverything
Reviewed 26 February 2015

rooms were realy bad,ice machine broke,tv very old.ac or heat did not work,manger has no clue how to run a motel,he was not very helpful.maid was very nice and tried to help.this place should be knocked down

Room Tip: rooms are bad,heat or air didnt work.tv was old,phones didnt work,manger didnt care what was broken...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank wayne f
Reviewed 28 September 2009

i have been stayin at this motel to see my bf, spend time w friends, or just get away from everything for years now...i will admit that the rooms look less than clean but that is the old paint n carpeting....what do u really expect for a king size room for 40 bux? the best thing about this place is its family style rooms n work crew rooms....the work crew rooms are large n tend to have anywhere from 3 to 5 double beds in them....the family rooms are perfect for couples travelin w children or just a group of friends that want to share a room n still have privacy, since they have 2 double beds, a tv, fridge n microwave in one room then u walk thru another door to a private room w a king size bed and another tv, fridge n microwave plus a shared bathroom w nice size tub....not to mention if u get the chance to talk w the man (B.R.) who owns the place, u will find that he is very friendly and always more than willing to help w any issues possible....plus they have the best weekly rates in the entire richmond area (believe me cuz i have put in the man hours callin all over myself) overall this place is not the marriot however its the best value ur gonna find and in walkin distance of sooo much local shoppin n dining....and if u forgot anything at home there is a walmart in walking distance....check it out

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple