“Decent for the price”

Palm Leaf Motel
Palm Leaf Motel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I were just passing thru town on a road trip and basically just needed a nap and a shower. We were here for only 5 hrs. It served its purpose, I suppose.

Pros: Staff is friendly
Beds were newer and very soft
Flat tvs (not sure about the cable)
Shower was hot with good pressure
Cons: Very dated
Nonsmoking room smelled like
smoke.
Shower didn't drain well.

There was a small microwave and mini fridge. I didn't use either but both were clean when I checked. The room itself seemed clean also. Hubby said that he would give two stars. I gave 3 because for the price it was ok. They don't advertise to be something they are not. You get exactly what you pay for.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

When traveling solo for work, I am not fussy. I book cheap after reading reviews and filtering the ones that are obviously too picky about rooms for under a hundred dollars. I've had gems for $50...This was NOT one. I look for 4 easy goals to meet, in order: reasonably clean, hot water, coffee maker, and WiFi.

This place had hot water...room was filthy and old, no coffee maker, and when I called the front desk, I was told that the WiFi password was a phone number. Tried it three times, called back to make sure I got it right. No go.

Avoid this place regardless of budget.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2016

To start with, the employee at the front desk was very friendly. I asked her if I could have a key to check the rooms before I paid for them - she did not hesitate to provide me with them. We had two rooms reserved and I checked both. Yes, the hotel is dated; however, the rooms were clean and did not have a bad odor. It was chilly so I turned on the heat and it worked great. The beds appeared to be somewhat new and were comfortable. The bed and bath linens were all clean. We travel to Ashland, Va often to visit family and we will continue to stay at the Palm Leaf as long as it stays clean and well kept.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

the worst motel I have ever stayed at in my life. it was so filthy. my room had another door in in which led to god knows where, it sucked officially. the front desk person didn't even show up until we waited outside for 15 minutes. my husband and I only stayed here because we needed to kill a few hours before checking in to the la quinta. I didn't even bother laying on the bed. there were flies and plenty of insects with in the bathroom just lounging on the toilet. I sat in a chair with my purse close to me hoping not to pick up any insects. don't go here. I let someone pick this place out for me. I would never make that mistake again. most of the ppl within the motel rooms live in those motel rooms:(

Room Tip: by far the worst
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allpinkeverything
Reviewed 26 February 2015

rooms were realy bad,ice machine broke,tv very old.ac or heat did not work,manger has no clue how to run a motel,he was not very helpful.maid was very nice and tried to help.this place should be knocked down

Room Tip: rooms are bad,heat or air didnt work.tv was old,phones didnt work,manger didnt care what was broken...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business