“Good choice”

Vito's
Ranked #29 of 93 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed stopping in to Vito's and having a nice meal when the restaurant we're going to originally had closed down. The staff was very friendly & the food was delicious. Will definitely stop back in when in the area again.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I was trying to find another place for pick up on what I call date night with my wife who works late doing the books being as our regular place had moved and found Vitos on GoogoeMaps. I never knew the place was there despite it being there 12 years when talking to the bartender. I just walked in and placed the order for take out and ordered a beer and talked with the bartender who was very nice. The food was ready before I finished my beer and when I got to my wifes work it was still hot. She had baked spagetti with meat sauce and baked cheese and I had an itialian sub with onion rings. The onion rings were not crunchy and was a very small order for the price. The sub was hot. Maybe that is how they make them but I have never had a hot itialian sub everyone I have ever ordered was cold so that was different. The spagetti my wife said was ok. Not authentic like what we are use to at our usual place we go to. Over all the food was ok and the price was ok. Next time we may just try a pizza.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We go there with a group of friends from church. It's not my pick, but our group that live out that way frequent there.
The food there has always been good. I normally get pizza and I tend to get a little creative. They have normally handled my requests with grace and accuracy. The pizza is very good with the exception of the sauce. The sauce is not bad, but it is a little bland. I always get more than I need so I'll have lunch for a couple days. The rest of our group gets salads and subs and they seem to be happy with the taste, freshness and overall quality of the food.
The decor is nothing fancy. The acoustics seem to be alright. Even with a bunch of people in there you can still have a conversation.

1  Thank FFBrent02
Reviewed 31 May 2016

As an Italian American family we've learned to deal with average Italian fare at most Italian style restaurants. This was definitely NOT the case at Vito's! Our meals where prepared in the same delicious traditional way we would have done ourselves.
The basis to any authentic Italian meal is a good tomato sauce, generous well prepared portions, perfectly cooked and drained pasta served piping hot by courteous staff. Vito's does this and more! I can not stress how delighted we all where to at last find an authentic Italian restaurant right in Ashland, VA. Wonderful food and service at family prices. Good Sinatra tunes played to dine to as well!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Had 2 meals, both pasta dishes. Penne and lasagna. The flavor and consistency of the pasta was remarkable. It's taste was like nothing else.

The sauce was good, but the noodles really stand out.

Been to Vito's? Share your experiences!