All reviews pizza hut indoor pool kings dominion waffles room was spacious theme park new york gas station would definitely stay here again breakfast area staff was very friendly front desk clerk minute drive one night stay off the highway we've stayed fridge and microwave
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a king suite. Everything was great. Comfortable beds, clean room and common areas. The pool and fitness center were well maintained. Breakfast was nice and well stocked. I would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I travel up and down the I 95 corridor a few times a year and typically stop in this area. This was my first experience with The Sleep inn and the Choice hotel brand. I thought it was great. Checked in around 6PM and was greeted right away and provided my room details. The room was very big and clean. Fridge and microwave and plenty of closet space. It is centrally located right off I95 with plenty to do around it. Many choices to eat and shop.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lou v
Rebecca M, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. This just means that you have to come back and stay with us again. We hope to see you real soon. Please be safe going up and down the road.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Arrived to check into my room - Told me I didn't have a Reservation (But I provided my Reservation Confirmation #) - Said they still couldn't find it - But they got me into a room eventually. The room they put me in was Dirty - Dirty bed sheets still on the floor, dirty towels in the bathroom, food on the floor, etc... I contacted Room Service about this issue - I was told they couldn't clean the room until 6am the following morning. WON'T BE STAYING THERE AGAIN. GM Jay Patel is the worst!!!! Unprofessional and won't acknowledge their Hotel issues. Said this was MY FAULT! I'M NEVER GOING TO RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL - EVER!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose Hampton Inn instead!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here several times on our trips and find it to be consistently very satisfactory. Our room was very spacious and the bed quite comfortable. Wifi worked fine. Breakfast is the standard, although I would appreciate if they would have butter as well as margarine in the breakfast room..just a personal preference. We do tend to drive to Hanover, about 5 miles away, for food...since we really did not want fast food or pizza for dinner...but this is no problem for us..again a personal preference. We will definitely stay here on our next trip through the area...it is also easy on and off the highway, so quite convenient.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This was the first time that I stayed in this hotel in Ashland, VA while my daughter was attending Randolph-Macon College. When checking in, I gave my name. The phone rang and the person at the front desk answered it without even saying, "Excuse me." She then asked for my ID. I gave her my license and the phone rang again and she answered it again and spoke for a few minutes.. She gave me my license back and before we could be checked in the phone rang a third time and of course, it was answered. After the phone call, she then asked me if I had shown my license to her, which I had, but I guess if you're doing two things at the same time..... I can't begin to tell you how many businesses that I have called only to be asked to hold. Therefore, I can't understand why the clerk didn't do that. So what should have taken a few minutes to check in took a lot longer. I don't even recall getting an apology. As for the room, the bed was comfortable as well as the pillow. (I usually take my own, but didn't this time.) The other major complaint that I have is that the bathroom lighting was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! It was so dim in there. My husband even said that he was glad that he knew where his face was because of the extremely poor lighting. The breakfast was your average offerings. However, my husband had the eggs and sausage, but it had to be heated up in the microwave as it was cold. I don't think that I will have the need for an Ashland hotel in the future, as my daughter graduated yesterday. However, if she was still attending the school, I know that I would definitely not stay at the Sleep Inn.

Stayed: May 2017