All reviewspizza hutindoor poolkings dominionwafflesroom was spacioustheme parksausagenew yorkgas stationbreakfast arearefrigerator and microwavestaff was very friendlydefinitely stay here againfront desk clerkminute driveone night staywaffle maker
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Always consistent. Nice clean rooms. Good breakfast. Very close to the college. We usually stay here as we know it will be reliable. Close to everything you need. Would recommend to anyone in the area. Love the waffles!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I needed to book a hotel at the last minute and decided to go through a third party website to book this hotel. Once I got there, Julia, one of the hotel clerks told me all of the double bed nonsmoking rooms were booked. However, she quickly found an alternate room that was topnotch. The jacuzzi tub was huge and a perfect way to wind down after walking all day at a nearby theme park. The room also had a microwave and mini fridge and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks Julia!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

So this is only my 2nd time staying in a Sleep Inn, and I chose this one bc of the reviews on here. The lobby was definitely nice for a midrange hotel. But during our short overnight stay, the elevator was down. So all guests on floors 2 and 3 had to climb stairs. When we checked out at 930 am it was still down with no sign of any repairmen.

We got to our room, and my hubby noticed a musty smell. Then we noticed the window was left open as if they were airing out the room. Plus the drawers of the chest were pulled open. There were a few other signs that said housekeeping didnt quite finish tidying the room. (Though we checked in after 630pm).
We looked up at the walls and the wall paper was peeling as well.
Overall the bed was clean but it was obvious that the blankets hadnt been chsnged from previous guest.
Because the window was left open before we checked in, little gnats got into the room. I didnt know thatin 2017, non-resort hotels had windows that opened. But okayyy...

The free breakfast is crap. Dont waste ur precious time with it. Powdered eggs, and canadian bacon were the only hot items. Otherwise, it's just cereals and pastries mostly.

It is convenient to I95 which is why I chose it. It's good enough for sn overnight pit stop. But I wasnt impressed...i'll spend a few dollars more and stick with Marriott brands.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Theres no wonder this hotel received rave reviews. On a recent vacation to Virginia my family wanted to visit King's Dominion. After reading the sad reviews of hotels/motels closest to the park, we decided to give the highly rated Sleep Inn a try. We were not disappointed! The hotel is EXACTLY as described. Superbly clean - the staff does an excellent job. We stayed in a Queen suite and the room was as expected. There was a hair dryer, iron, coffee maker and mini fridge for convenience. The beds were comfy and the pillow were heavenly! The pool/fitness center were clean and well kept. I liked the fact that you had to use your key card to enter these areas. The daily hot breakfast (included) was more than enough to start your day. There was also 24 hour coffee/hot tea in the lobby area. The location of the motel was also good. Just behind a Pizza Hut and across the street from a convenience store, both within walking distance. There were also at least ten other decent restaurants nearby, within a 3 minute drive (or an easy 15 minute walk). The Ponderosa down the street was okay - the steaks were great but we found the buffet mediocre and the restaurant itself is a bit overpriced if you have a large group or kids. The Pizza Hut was awesome, they even stayed open late one night to prepare our order as we stayed at the park until closing and almost missed eating. Ashland itself is a quaint little town full of history. We enjoyed driving around exploring. King's Dominion is a short 15 minute drive away, really not an issue. Sure you have to pay $15 per day for parking, but the price to stay here was $40 less than the closer motels that received bad reviews. After visiting the park and seeing the other location of those establishments (directly beside a large truck stop), we were glad we choose the Sleep Inn. This is the second Sleep Inn we've stayed at, stopping last year at one in Jacksonville, FL on our way to Disney, and we will definitely stay again. Both experiences were good with no issues whatsoever. I'd like to add that ALL of the staff were friendly and accomodating, including the desk clerk who received bad reviews from prior guests. I believe her name was Latoya? I found her to be considerate and professional, exactly what you would expect. Thank you Sleep Inn for a good experience during our vacation stay.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a king suite. Everything was great. Comfortable beds, clean room and common areas. The pool and fitness center were well maintained. Breakfast was nice and well stocked. I would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family