“Great time rafting”

Cheat River Outfitters
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Had a great time rafting with a large group. Guides were good, engaging, funny (corny funny), and they ensured we enjoyed ourselves. Recommend it for families.

All reviews
"waiver"
"safety"
"canyon"

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for rafting in May 2017. We were a group of nine, mostly couples. Our group was divided into two rafts. This was my second time going with Cheat River outfitters, and it was everyone else's first time ever rafting. In my experience, the guide makes or breaks it. Our group that was in the other boat had a great time and really enjoyed their guide. We tipped him $100. However, my half of the group was not as lucky. Our guide's nickname is "ninja" and although he was very experienced and knew the river well, he was extraordinarily rude and unpleasant. He actually cursed and belittled one of the people on our raft multiple times just because he was not rowing properly. This went on for literally most of the second half of the trip. It got uncomfortable to the point where nobody on our boat was having fun and we were just quiet and wanting to be done with it. Although ninjas guide friend got a $100 tip, we left ninja nothing at all. He missed out on a nice pay day, and we missed out on what could have been a great rafting trip.

Raftcro, Office Assistant at Cheat River Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

I apologize for the delay in responding to this. This matter has been brought to our guide manager who is taking steps to ensure this is handled accordingly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Cheat River Outfitters

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We attended an afternoon session with my son as part of a scout organised trip. It was very well organised and the guides pitched it at the boys level. They loved it. It was also great value for money. Would defiantly visit again.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I just got home from a weekend outing with my boy scout troop. This was my fourth rafting trip with Cheat River Outfitters. Three times down the Narrows and this weekend the Canyon trip. The Canyon trip is the better trip of two offered. The guides are all good at what they do. If you have a bad trip with this company it's has to be a problem that they can't control.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Until last minute we were not sure that the trip would be a go, but finally a whole bunch of people signed up. They moved things along nicely - if you have questions or issues, make sure they are addressed before its too late. The guides were very pleasant, trip was fun. The original plan was that my 9 year old daughter would have her own ducky, but during the test run it became obvious that she won't be able to handle it herself. Quickly we inflated a double-ducky and she came along with me.