See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I begin with the room which has a very nice sea view the bed was comfortable but poorly made.

I think they have failed to dust in the room for a while, it shows on the lampshades and furniture.
The carpet is dirty, full of very dubious stains and I even found a toothpick under the desk.
For catering, the service is average, although the staff is nice and the waiters very polite. The restaurant buffet at the dinner was not appetizing, there were not even fruit except very small apples. it was a tasteless meal.
For breakfast, I took a brully omelette which proved inedible, certainly there was good pancakes but no more, industrial juice too sweet and fruit not fresh out of cans.
during my next business trip, I would opt for another hotel that is worth the price paid.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Le Meridien O, Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Leila T;
We are extremely alarmed by your statement regarding the state of the room during your stay with us, we take these situations very seriously. The right services will be notified so that such an incident will not happen again.
Regarding your comment on the buffet we do try to offer a wide selection of choices for our guests and at the same time minimise the cost as much as possible. We're sorry to hear that it wasn't satisfying and we will work harder to make it possible.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Oran and this time we will hopefully live up to your expectations.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Luxury hotel, nice, clean and comfortable room with great service and food. Friendly and professional navette Chaffeur unfortunately I didn’t ask for his name. I very like it I hope come back here one day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IKRAM A, Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Mr,
Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. We’re pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We will take your comment as a further encouragement within the team to ensure a good service and a warm welcome for your next visit.
Best regards.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Nothing went well from day one, you can feel a style of management which is oriented on how to make money and not how to make guests happy and willing to comeback.
- We were a couple and 2 kids and we have been assured when we processing the reservation that 2x additional beds would be made available for free. Guess what happened when we arrived? They asked us to pay around 40 euro per bed.
- Every single day we had to ask for additional bed sheets and additional towels; like nobody understood that we were four on the room.
- when ordering from room service, we have been asked to pay cash at the room's door despite the fact that we paid the entire stay at check-in. First time in my life this happened to me. What a shame.
In addition the food (burger and fries) have been delivered without condiments (no salt, no ketchup...), I asked for it, I never got it.
- at the swimming pool, a lady who seemed to be in charge, immediately asked us to take only one towel per person, how a 5 stars hotel can possibly do that?????!!!!!!!
- breakfast service is a disaster, I was waiting for my eggs for 15 min, and when I checked ... they forgot my order!!!

At the price you're charged, you would expect a minimum of care. The personnel is very nice and welcoming but this hotel needs a new management. The problem is clearly on the leadership side.

To whom ever is reading this review, one advice : don't go there, ever.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rhadefi
naimimostefaoui, Marketing Manager at Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Mr. Hadefi

You can be sure that we have discussed the problems you have encountered with our heads of departments.
Be assured sir that we always pay special attention to the comfort and satisfaction of our customers.

Cordially.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The staff is very welcoming and genuinely nice. Great italian restaurant FAVOLA. SPA services are great. Calm place for business meetings and professional gatherings. Close to airport. Friday brunch is good. Méridien hotel is well located, 10 mn by taxi to oran city center, 200 DA ie less than 3 euros from main gate of hotel. Good coffee shops, and fast foods across from hotel for a change. Total security around the area.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 17 December 2016

While in a business trip, I had to spend a night at Le Méridien.
Evene it is a new hotel (opened in 2011), the hotel starts showing some dirts in the lobby as well as the room.
I had a battle in the bathroom to understand how to use the shower, the technology is nice, but need some guidance. I called for some help early in the morning, but no reply.
The restaurant is great, pacious and well decorated, but the quality of food is only average.
I got a buffet breakfast, but strangely there was no cheese, and the recipient were not permanently filled.
The staff of the lobby is smiling and have nice attitude.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 January 2017

Dear Mr. Teo,

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at the Méridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre and sharing your impressions with us.

We are sorry that you could not enjoy your stay with us because of the inconvenience during your stay.

Please be aware that we take your observations very seriously and that your remarks have been transmitted to the heads of departments concerned, all the more so our team is mobilized for the satisfaction and comfort of our customers and we assure you that all necessary measures will be taken to To make the stay of our dear customers very pleasant.

We would be delighted to welcome you to our facility next time to give you the opportunity to experience a remarkable and satisfying experience.

Receive our most sincere greetings.