US$116
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Casa Inglesa Boutique Guest House(Salvador)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$43
Aram Yami Hotel(Salvador)
US$162
US$156
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Casa Petunia Pousada Boutique(Salvador)(Great Value!)
US$48
Pousada do Boqueirao(Salvador)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Hostel Galeria 13(Salvador)(Great Value!)
Pousada Esmeralda(Salvador)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townthe ownerthree nightsshower areathe breakfast areawalking distancebreakfast is servedan ideal locationview of the bayrestaurants and barshistorical center of salvadorvisit salvadorpousadabalconypelourinhoheartcolonial
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stayed in the Colonial room and were pleased with it. It has a nice view overlooking the bay. The room itself had a full bed and private bathroom. The shower always had hot water and the room had AC and a fan making the temperature very comfortable. The pousada is located on a street with many other pousadas and is very close to the Pelourinho. We always felt safe and there are a few local bars on the street that we found were nice to bond with locals and watch the Olympic games with while we were there. There are also some good restaurants within a 2-5 minute walk from Casa Vila Bela as well. The neighborhood is a bit quieter than the Pelourinho which is good because it is easy to sleep. The staff here were very helpful - Jois and Gerusa (owner) were very sweet. They called to arrange transportation on our behalf or to find out about bus schedules since neither my boyfriend or me spoke Portuguese. In fact, one day, Gerusa even gave us a ride to the lake to see the sculptures of the Orishas/Orixas. The breakfast here was good. There were always different assortments of pastries, pao de queijo and other fritter/empanada like things, along with bread with butter and jams, ham/cheese spread, juice, sometimes muffins/cake, tapioca-sponge food (I don't know what to call it, all I know is that it is really good) and of course someone will make you eggs. Stephane the other owner who is married to Gerusa is also very nice. I played rugby in college and he is a former competitive rugby player so we got to chatting about rugby. He is your guy if you want to find out more about the burgeoning rugby scene in Salvador. Both of them make you feel at home in their pousada and they just want you to be comfortable. The only thing that could be better is if the Wifi worked a bit better. The connection was not very strong. Other than that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Colonial Room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alicia V
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We loved our stay in Pousada Casa Vila Bela very much. The pousada is in a very cool street with some nice bars and restaurant but much calmer than the pelourinho, and you can still walk there, day and night, in 5 minutes time. So perfect location. We had one of the rooms with balcony and sea view, which are just amazing. The room (Colonial) was carefully decorated and we spent hours in the hammock on the balcony watching the sunset and the ships in the harbour. Breakfast is great as well, always fresh fruits and many different things to chose from. Gerusa is a lovely owner, very knowlegdable about Salvador and extremly helpful with organising things. We would definetly stay there again, thanks a lot!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raffael K
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I had a wonderful time at this Pousada, despite arriving sick from Recife. I have to say that the staff and owners were so amazing. When you travel alone and get sick it's not easy, but the staff/owners looked after me, checked in on me, ensured I had water/coconut juice.

The place is also well run, clean, ideally located, with a delightful breakfast.

The internet only works well in the lobby area, but internet in Brazil tends to be a little iffy. I would highly recommend this place for a stay in Salvador.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I booked the colonial room. The Pousada is very central on a relatively safe street. You are walking distance to the center of everything. Around many nice bars and restaurants. The interior is very special with a lot of care to reflect the colonial times. It looks like from a James Bond movie
The room has a balcony with a magnificent view on the lower city of Salvador and the bay. Would be great but the problem was the smell. The room was smelly with a small anti-moth white balls. I could not stand it. I spoke to the owner and she offered a different room but my stay was already spoiled. So I paid the full price for the stay even though I stayed only 1 of 3 night and moved to another hotel. Be careful if you cannot stand chemical odours. Strangely enough the smell was only in the room. Not in the corridor or anywhere else. Oh and Wi-Fi in the room does not work as is too weak.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank topolnic
Reviewed 11 January 2016

My wife and I spent three nights at Casa Vila Bela - it was a great experience. We had spent the previous few days in a huge hotel in Rio, so this was a welcomed change. It's a beautiful, quaint inn (8 rooms, I think) close to the Pelourinho in Salvador. It's a quick 5 minute walk to the historic center. The owners are great people, very welcoming, inviting, and willing to take the time to make suggestions and recommendations on what to do and where to go in the area. In fact, their recommendations were better than some of the ones we saw online! The staff is also very accommodating. There is a great homemade breakfast available every morning.

The backside of the hotel overlooks the harbor, which is great at any time of day but especially at sunrise and sunset. All of the other guests were extremely nice -- there was a family of four, three friends, and other couples. Casa Vila Bela is a great experience and we highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel have sea views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple