6 people are viewing this hotel
US$96
Free cancellation until 24/01/22
US$104
Free cancellation until 25/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$84
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
PricelineUS$85
Hotels.comUS$97
eDreamsUS$104
1,827 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2018

This hotel is horrible. The rooms were so bad we refused to stay so they upgraded me to a seaview at no extra charge, for which I am grateful. Otherwise, I would have just walked out because the average room is a dump. No other words to describe them.

Breakfast was very average too.

Mercifully, and because I raised hell, they gave us 2 rooms overlooking the ocean, and those rooms were fine, but nothing spectacular. Yet we were right across from Iracema Beach which was delightful. The location is good indeed. Yet there are other properties in the same location which would have been much nicer.

Parking was easy in the hotel, I would suggest you do get a rental so you can travel to Praia do Futuro and Praia do Forte, which are stunningly beautiful.

But do NOT stay at the Mareiro.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EZT
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The place is ok, infrastructure has been taken care of but breakfast is very busy as the hotel hosts groups of tourists that leave and come at specific times. If you can avoid this, it feels better. Staff at breakfast was very careful with personal requests - lactose intolerant. I was impressed.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I have stayed for a week on business (I know, who would go to paradise on business? Well, me.). I have stayed on a great back ground floor room. The room is absolutely comfy, big bathroom, lots of space. Unfortunately, there was an unforseen renovation right above my apartment, so I asked and was immediately moved from my apartment without question to another smaller, but still very nice apartment on second floor. The staff is very polite and attentive. The bars are great and the restaurant presents honest food at a reasonable price for a hotel (there is a subway fast food just across the street for the (very) budget wise. The pool is simply awesome and the location is near paradise. Just across the street from the ocean. If you really need a lowlight, in room wifi is terrible (or non existent), but you can get good enough band for a conf call from one of the outside restaurant tables (with an ocean view, so I'm not complaining). Would stay there again and again.

Room tip: All rooms seem great, but try one with an ocean view!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andre F
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed a week...positives are the location and the breakfast is good,however they need to improve the wifi which is very bad. The pool is nice but when you look closer at it you realize it is a bit dirty and needs a good clean (tiles under swim up bar moldy).....the safe in our first room didn't work...nor the 2nd room....there was a large leak at pipe feeding the toilet and shower was a bit moldy.....really noisy pipes when you flush....from the bathroom you could hear the conversations from room above very clearly ......it's an old hotel that needs work....but hey $100 per night ??.....if I came again I would pay a bit extra and stay somewhere else....

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a fantastic location, beach front, plenty of restaurants, bar and shops near by.
The lobby is lovely and as soon as we arrived we thought the hotel was great.
Check in was fast, very nice and friendly staff.
We were allocated a room on the 4th floor. The room itself is spacious, however very dated and in desperate need of some TLC.
Our room was dirty, there was hair in the shower and on the bathroom floor (from previous guest), the floor in the bedroom was filthy and there was sand everywhere. The safe didn't work.
We spoke with reception and they promised a new room. We moved within an hour to a room on the same floor.
The new room was clean, however, there was part of the ceiling missing in the bathroom, only 1 lamp shade (previous dirty room had one on each side of the bed), mould on the aircon vent (made the room smell like mould all the time), mould on the tiles in the bathroom, crack on the bedroom ceiling.
The pool area is nice, however there are a few tiles missing on the pool near the wet bar area.
Breakfast was nice and plentiful.
They advertise free wifi, however the wifi is worse than free wifi at the airport. It just doesn't work. Sometimes with luck you get some of it st reception area.
Lifts are awful, as you would expect from an old building.
They are partners with the largest retail travel agency in Brazil, so expect big crowds arriving every day.
From what we saw, the staff is the only asset this place.
We would not recommend or stay again at this place.

Date of stay: April 2017