“Mrs”

Holiday Inn Appleton
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel ,, for price we payed buffet breakfast should of been included.,great location, lots of restaurants, shopping all around, the Staff are very friendly & helpful. Nice clean .We we're there for EAA

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Appleton

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I'm a Spire Elite IHG member, so I've stayed a lot of nights at Holiday Inn Properties. I can honestly say that this one was easily the WORST one I've ever stayed at.

Pros: Close to the interstate. Close to restaurants.

Cons: Where to start? The hotel just looks old when you drive up to it, first and foremost. When I entered the lobby, I was a little hopeful that it would be better than it looked from the outside. That feeling dissipated quickly. Every other IHG hotel thanks me for being an IHG rewards member; some of them offer welcome points or a gift bag. This hotel did neither of them. Ok, fine. Not a big deal. We took the old/small elevators up to room, dropped our stuff and went back down to the business center to print off the tickets we needed.

The computers run a version of IE that is very outdated and I wasn't even able to pull up my tickets on Ticket Master on the computer and print them. I had to drive to a nearby Hampton and use their business computer (no problems with that one)

In the morning, we went to the in-house restaurant for breakfast. It took 37 minutes to get a breakfast burrito and stuffed french toast. The restaurant was half-full, and half of the people there were eating the buffet. Service like that is completely unacceptable, which they admitted by having to comp our breakfast.

There are also LOADS of little things wrong with this property, many of them easily correctable: their website says check in is at 3 pm, it's really 4 pm. The website also says that they have microwaves and refrigerators in guest rooms. That is incorrect. Maybe in the suites, but not in a guest room. They tout their garden/courtyard area. However they appear to be renovating that at the time, due to the large blue lift located in the center of it. That's understandable, but the fact that it was 10 am and there was garbage and cigarette butts littered around and under tables, gives off an unkempt appearance.

I understand that there are constraints due to the age of the building, but cleaning up, providing couches in the lounge that aren't worn out, and a little bit more friendliness from the staff can go a long way. So would would computers that work.

I would definitely recommend finding another place to stay if you're in Appleton and I won't be returning here in the future, Spire Elite status or not.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Markfromthe414,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the level of service received, about not being able to use our computer in the business center and the upkeep of our facility. I'm sorry for the letdown. Rest assured that your comments will serve as an encouragement, as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service offered to our guests.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area. I value you as an IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn!

Warm Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I am a tourism professional and was finishing a 5 day move. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly attitude of the desk staff and the facilities at the hotel. Being a past pool company owner, I rarely get into a pool or spa at a hotel but these were so clean and well cared for I totally enjoyed them. The room was clean and comfortable. We departed early so I can't speak to the restaurant but the shuttle service to the hotel was a winner! Bravo Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators. Vending is near there.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Maccarone D, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Stayed end of July 2017 again for 3 nights at this very nice place. Due to an huge event close by it was a little difficult to get a reservation, but after being in touch with the responsible lady everything worked out more than perfect... Finally it was not really cheap, but compared to the other places perfect for my needs and affordable.
Check-in fast and easy, received all what I booked for. Room on the highest floor, to the west, spacious and offering all what I need when traveling.
Breakfast with cold and warm dishes from the buffet, additonally they cook hot meals to order, e.g. eggs. Restaurant I didn't use in the evening, but the lounge/bar there is a nice place having good choice of drinks inside and on the terrasse outside as well. In general friendly service people there, but some potential for improvement - and on the terrasse might be moskitos, but that's the region, not the hotel...
Overall this was a very perfect stay again, didn't missed anything and felt very well again. Will come back again asap.

Room Tip: Highest floor to the west, if you like good view/sunsets and low noise the same time
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to respond to the Holiday Inn Guest Survey. We were thrilled to see the ratings we received from you in regards to your recent stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I have been Holiday Inn Gold member for years and what a regret I came here? The hotel is tired, carpets dirty, not at all worth the price we paid for - they just took advantage of peak time due to Oshkosh Air Show but does that help on loyalty ? Never again - it was a regret to chose Holiday Inn over Hilton

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Maccarone D, Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

I wanted to thank you personally for filling out our guest survey and for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not find everything to your satisfaction. It is my goal to exceed our customer’s expectation and it seems we did not meet yours. On a positive note, we will be undergoing a complete renovation next fall/summer we hope to see you again on a future visit to the Fox Cities.