1,135 results
All reviews sports bar the sleep number bed the concierge lounge parking garage restaurants and bars downtown appleton heart of downtown front desk staff pool area lawrence university hot tub radisson conference orchard clubhouse vince wedding
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We attended the show Something Rotten at the PAC and your location was perfect. Our room was comfortable. We celebrated our anniversary by going to the PAC and then came back to the hotel watched the World Series at your Pub.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2018

First of all, there was an empty water bottle under one of the beds when we first got in the room. The mattresses were horrible and none of us got good sleep. The room was very warm and we could not cool it down no matter how much we tried. Would definitely not recommend to anyone nor would we stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RadissonMgmt, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hello Stacey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from your recent stay with us while here for your group's event. I'm very sorry to hear of the cleanliness concerns you experienced and will make sure to pass on to our Housekeeping Team. I know they pride themselves on doing a great job and will use this to help improve their operations. I was sorry to hear of the challenges with your mattress and wanted to let you know that we are actually in the process of replacing the beds on your floor and am sorry that we were a week too late to have you try the new ones out. If you are planning a visit in the near future, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure to get you an upgrade!

Thanks again for your feedback and for staying with us while here with the KR event. I hope you have a great week ahead!

In Kindness, Mark

Reviewed 21 October 2018

A dated property, but overall comfortable, clean and quiet. Downtown. Wifi was ok. Fitted sheets on the bed, which is rare for a hotel. Comfortable bed, clean room. Hotel sports bar, good food at very reasonable prices.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2018

I was in town and stopped in to the Clubhouse Sports Bar. The bar needs a renovation. The variety of draught and bottle beers is good. The best part of this bar are the bartenders. In particular: Scott, Tiffany, and Amanda. I would give them each 5+. On the downside: one could previously look out on College Avenue. Now, the windows are boarded up and it is like a dark, depressing cave. I think it was a big mistake to cover the windows looking out. It gives one the feeling of claustrophobia.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lecter54915
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This place is terrible. We wanted to check in early so my son could nap before the wedding we were attending. After calling three times before our arrival to confirm early check in. We called an hour before arriving (we had a two hour drive) and they said absolutely not. The person answering the phone was very blunt and rude. The beds are awful, one side is completely worn down and the other is as hard as a rock. There were people smoking pot on our floor. Just overall a ridiculously terrible experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RadissonMgmt, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello Marschall317,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your early check-in request due to not having rooms clean and available early due to being full the night prior. It is our goal to provide the best possible service, including when answering the phone and providing guests with answers that they may not be particularly want to hear, such not being able to check-in earlier than 3pm (standard check-in time). Our Housekeeping Team works very hard to clean our rooms as quickly and safely as possible but I know that we usually get many calls on weekends, sometimes multiple calls from the same individuals, looking to arrive early for weddings they are traveling in for. We understand this need and certainly try to do out best and will continue to do so.

I'm unsure if you were able to mention your other concerns to our Front Desk while you were here but will be happy to follow up on them to ensure that we improve our services.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the wonderful celebration of love you were here to attend and have a great week ahead!

In Kindness, Mark