“Disappointed”

Ranked #164 of 390 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My wife and I had to wait 10m to be seated on a slow night. The staff all appeared angry/cold. The food was ok but overpriced. I live in the Valley and let me tell you I will never step foot in this place again. There are so many nice places to eat this just isant one of them. On a side note I have been to the other Fertellos locations and have been pleased with the service/food

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Good food and decent micro brews. Loved their India pale ale when I first visited months ago, have returned twice since, and this particular brew was unavailable.
This was very unfortunate, as it was by far their best brew, in my opinion.
Food has always been good, and decently priced as well.
This was my go-to for beer-geek goodness, until my last visit to Appleton, when I discovered stone cellar, better brews, in my opinion. But Fratellos in the mall is within walking distance from the hotel I stay in, so it will definitely stick on my list of regular haunts up that way. Bartender and wait staff are great, service has been impeccable on many visits.
Only complaint other than the lack of India pale ale, would be that they insist that you drink out of a plastic cup when on their deck outside. Decent micro brews have no business in a plastic cup, and we are all adults here, right?
Recent visit found that they have retooled this place, no longer Fratellos, now simply " Fox River Brewing Co." Menu is pared down a bit, prices more reasonable. I usually go for the micro brews, but found the food to be decent as well

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My reccomendations:
Appitizer: Home-made chips with sour cream (ask for extra sour cream)
Entree: All is good.. help yourself. They have marked gluten free items clearly (if you need that... like my wife)
Drink: You have GOT to try the home-made cream soda!!! It will blow your mind.. or, home-made rootbeer... pretty darn good stuff. Now.. I don't drink alcohol, so I can't comment on the home-brewed beers, but those folks in the bar look happy.

My favorite waitress: Collett. She's been there for a long time, and is awesome.

I love drawing on the paper table covers while waiting.

Do yourself a favor and have lunch or dinner here and avoid the kaos of the food court.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hoping for half way descent margarita pizza.. was not the case. Extremely oily, too much cheese, no tomatoes, no basil. How can you call that margarita pizza? Oh, and the pizza dough was disgusting and doughy. I'm visiting from New York City and a little picky when it comes to pizza but I understand I'm away from home.. but even the wine selection wasn't well though out. I won't ever go back. I looked at what others were eating and the salads were full of ice berg lettuce.. are we not in the farm area of the country? What a disgrace. It's so terrible for the fact of great location and nice looking overall restaurant, but still, people will only come if the food is well executed.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My friend and myself went to Penny's outlet! Very happy, good deals and Dorothy in the woman's area was very kind and helpful! We enjoyed being downtown on this visit more, perhaps the next time we'll have more shopping in the mall area!