“Clean and good location, maybe some miscommunication”

Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Was in Appleton for Mile of Music. We stayed Friday and Saturday night. This was assigned as part of Priceline's express deal so I didn't select the hotel. Check in process was nice, hotel was in a good location for us and we avoided the local road construction. However, our room was no cleaned/turned down while we were out all day Saturday. Wondering if this is the policy of Extended Stays? It would have been nice to know up front because we would have used our towels/wash cloths differently. It wasn't a big deal, but when I questioned it at check-out, I didn't get an answer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for being our guest. Although your overall stay was satisfactory, we are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. Our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying eight or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services are available for a minimal fee and linen exchange is available at the front desk at any time and complimentary. We have shared your feedback with the front desk staff to ensure we clearly communicate our services to all guests. We hope you will choose us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Stayed here for 9 nights and my review pertains to the terrible bed in Room 2200. It was a very dated and cheap mattress (noted by tag). Hips found every coil protruding through the mattress lining. Unforeseen and out of management's control was the stomping and jumping sounds from the room above mine. I complained twice while I was there. Guests who smoke do so immediately in front of the building. Cigarette butts on ground even though they provide an ashtray. Overall, a safe place to stay. Personally, I would not return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for making us your home away from home. We are pleased you had an overall nice stay. However, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while you were here. We value your observation and suggestion in regard to the bed and have shared with our engineering team to make necessary changes. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Upon our arrival, my wife and I walked into the dated lobby to find an empty counter without a clerk in sight. I verbally made myself present for about 2-3 minutes, and seemingly out of nowhere, the front desk clerk showed up, directed herself behind the counter and checked me in without any explanation for an unsecured front lobby for those 2-3 minutes. It would only get worse, as upon opening the door to our room (143) and turning on the lights, we spotted 2 cockroaches streaking across the counter. My family immediately hightailed out of the room, completely disgusted at what we had just seen, and dropped off our luggage in our car, in fear we would contract any bugs from the lobby in our luggage. I kindly explained what we had seen to the clerk, and she seemed surprised, and told us no one has ever complained about roaches. We asked for a refund, and were offered one without hesitation. As frequent travelers who stay at about 3-4 hotels a year for the past 16 years, my wife and I confirmed that this was the worst hotel we had ever experienced.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Jettech, please accept my personal apology as well every assurance we will be working to address the concerns you outlined. We are extremely sorry for the cleanliness issues you encountered while you were here. Your concerns have been relayed to our housekeeping manager and together we will make sure steps are taken so this doesn't happen again. I hope you and your family give us another chance to prove that we have changed and take your comments seriously.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The Appleton hotel is in a very good location near many different restaurants, the room was clean and quiet, the beds comfortable and the staff very friendly. The price we paid was a little high, but this was due to the premium week we stayed. Overall a very satisfying experience, with little or nothing to complain bout.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities. We are pleased to read that you liked our excellent location as well as your comfortable room. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and friends again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Never stayed at an extended stay and never will again. Was in Wisconsin as a vendor at OshKosh for the air show and arrived at our room at 12:30am to find white carpet freshner scattered over the entire floor, stained carpets and bad odor. Had plenty of time to have room ready as we were to chevk in the day before. I stay in numerous hotels across the country and this was the worst.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry for the condition of your room when you arrived. We work diligently to make sure all of our rooms are clean and comfortable upon check-in, and we obviously fell short in your case. Your feedback has been shared with the team so appropriate measures can be taken to keep such mistakes from happening again.

Although we did not meet your expectations this time, I hope you will consider our hotel on your next visit so we can better deliver the experience you should always expect from us.