All reviews grand stay front desk hash browns fox river mall great place to stay green bay business center nice breakfast nice hotel waffles lobby area staff was friendly free breakfast shopping and restaurants room was clean and comfortable would definitely stay here again hot breakfast
Reviewed 30 October 2018

We were disappointed to find the pool was very small and the hot tub was not hot, but almost the same temperature as the pool. Also, the breakfast was very basic and a bit cold and disappointing and our full size beds (surprised they weren't queens) were hard. There are many other choices around the same price point that offer better accommodations.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Room 1: huge room, furniture missing (as per picture). No easy chair (as in the picture). 1 end table. 1 serving of coffee for 2 people. Moved to room 2: same problem. Room 3: still only 1 end table and 1 coffee serving. It was after midnight. Tired of moving from room to room. Went to front desk for more servings of coffee. End table from room with broken recliner moved to beside the bed. Important for 2 end tables as we both have CPAP machines. Said that in the reservation. Space between bed and wall less than 18 inches. Air conditioner/heater shot everything up the drapes to the ceiling. Drapes didn't close all the way. Could feel the cold from outside (overnight lows in the 30s)TV remote didn't work in room 3. Got that fixed morning 1. TV was on low stand. My toes blocked 1/2 the picture. When tv was turned on, the default volume setting could have been heard in Green Bay, some 30 minutes away. They couldn't fix that. 1st morning toiled plugged. Hot breakfast (eggs, potatoes, sausages, bacon) was cold every day. Not much variety from day to day. Cranky woman did cooking every day despite our cheery good morning every morning for 7 days. Room service: she kept taking the once used soap and shampoos every day. On day 3 we told front desk to just have her leave clean towels and 2 coffees. Leave everything else alone. Bed felt like a piece of concrete with a sheet on it. We gathered the hotel had recently been sold and they were remodeling. They must have started with the upper floors. You can do better. We wished we had. Everything sold out because of Packer home game.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My wife and I have been coming here to stay for Packers games since 2013. I can't believe how much this place is run down now. The pool room is like a sauna, poor ventilation, half of lights didn't work and the ones that did you can see the dead bugs that have built up on the light covers of the drop ceiling. The second day the pool room was closed for maintenance and also the elevator was closed for maintenance. We had trouble with the door handle to are room but we where able to open in after using the key card two times every time we needed to open it. They also need to do something about the soggy hash browns and the liquid eggs (would be great if they used real eggs and scrambled them). When I checked out and talked to the front desk about the issues they said they are doing renovations, I don't understand why I wasn't told this when I called to make reservations.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Chad S
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Room was clean, reception was nice and gives you a welcome bag with snacks and water. Hotel was quiet, staff was very nice, and breakfast was good. The only complaint would be the hot tub was really, really hot! Otherwise perfectly fine stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMW6_Trips
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

My granddaughter and I decided to stay here the night before our flight. What a complete disappointment! We asked for a shuttle to the airport but they only have a shuttle Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. We went to our room and the back walkway is half covered by tree branches. We get to our room, no couch. We decide to go to the pool...OMG! How absolutely disgusting! First of all the hot tub isn't working, half the lights don't work, I counted 7 dead spiders in the pool, the sides of the pool are absolutely gross and there is stuff all over the floor along with cobwebs and spiders by the doors and windows. I have never been so disappointed in a hotel. I could've paid half of the price and stayed at a low budget hotel and it wouldn't have been this gross. The carpets and floors in the hallways are stained and dirty and there was hair in our bathtub! It was hard to get our door to our room open because the part in the door frame is loose. We decided to go outside for a bit and there was a guy sitting on the sidewalk by the back entryway drinking beer. We felt very uncomfortable! I will be calling for at least some reimbursement!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Keljomag
AGM_PMoua, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi Keljomag,

The front desk clerk that you addressed your concerns to in the morning did leave me a note regarding your stay with us. I do apologize that our hotel was not up to yours standards. Since you are traveling, I do not want to be a bother to you this weekend. Expect a call from me on Monday 8/20. Please refer to your Booking.com inbox for a message regarding your reservation. I appreciate your time, thank you.

P. Moua