“Just OK”

Add it.
Big Apple Bagels
Ranked #8 of 9 Bakeries in Appleton
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This store has the appearance of a fast food restaurant. There are tables and booths, self service beverages and a counter to order a bagel, muffin or sandwich. There appeared to be several personnel, but only one person actually waiting on customers. She was somewhat friendly, but any of the other people working there didn't seem to notice or acknowledge the customers. I ordered a dozon bagels and a coffee. A paper cup was set in front of me, but no one said where the coffee was located. This was my first visit so I was not familiar with the store. After looking around I located the beverages and while there was a good selection the flavor was only adequate. I chose a flavored coffee and there was little difference between that and regular coffee.
While the floor and tables were clean, the entire place had a "sterile" atmosphere. I just didn't seem "user friendly".
The bagels were average as compared to a New York or Deli bagel, but better than those from a convenience store. I would be just as satisfied with a bagel from the local grocery store frozen section.
Overall, while it isn't my "go to" place it's all we have in the area.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Good, not great. Not a huge selection of bagels but a decent place to grab a sandwich on the run. I prefer them for breakfast. I like there Athenian olive bread for an egg, cheese and sausage breakfast (called southern tradition)

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Great bagels, friendly employees and owner. I use them often for catering breakfast meetings. Very clean and fast! Good lunch sandwiches too.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

I loved the BAB in Oshkosh when I lived there, and now live closer to this one even though it's a 15 minute drive. I go because I love the bagels, but there is much room for improvement at this location. Many of the employees seem frustrated to have to do their jobs, and the owner doesn't seem to take much interest in customer satisfaction either. There is NO sense of urgency. My biggest complaint is that the espresso machine is ALWAYS broken and seems to be for weeks at a time before being fixed. The last time, I paid for 2 espresso drinks only to be told afterwards that it was broken but we could have coffee, and we were given water cups. No big deal except for the fact that there is always some sort of disappointment. As much as I used to love BAB, I think twice now before spending my money here.

1  Thank V P
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Big Apple Bagels moved to 2400 S. Kensington Dr. in Appleton after being spanked by the opening of a Dunkin Dounuts in front of them. I wasn't happy with the old place, figured I'd give them another try (3rd or 4th). Yup, still poor.

Stopped in a little after 9:30, ordered a coffee and a bagel twist. The twist was more of a loaf of bread with baked cheese on top, didn't resemble a bagel in texture. Now the coffee, of the eight possible spots for a coffee urn, five had urns, Pumpkin or Door Cty Cherry were my only choices. Two regular and one flavored just spat into my cup. After about five minutes I was brought a fresh pot to fill my cup with (at my table, that's what gave them a 2nd star). Four people working...NO ONE thought to check the coffee from time to time??? It wasn't the worst coffee I've ever had, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Board up the windows and lock the doors!