“RUDE”

Add it.
Asian Garden Buffet
Ranked #192 of 383 Restaurants in Appleton
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The customer service by the lady at the counter, apparently the owner, with short black hair, is a disgrace to the restaurant industry. First of all, although you pay to eat a Buffett, she stands behind the counter and monitors your moves with stares and glares, basically calculating the amount of food you eat. Apparently if she does not like you, for reasons that include eating too much based on her visual calculations, she will single you out and automatically add a tip to your bill. Sounds likes form of customer discrimination to me. I will have to investigate into that, and possibly file a complaint against them. The bathrooms are so disgusting, I can only imagine what the condition of the kitchen is like. I can only hope for the sake of the employees, that they are treated better then the customers, however based on the many new faces of the staff, I assuming the place is a constant revolving door of staff.
Conclusion: I recommend staying away from this place and find a honest restaurant where you feel welcome and your presence is appreciated.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We eat at a lot of Chinese restaurants and Asian Gardens has one of the best buffets of all of them. Love the food and the variety, and the selections are always fresh and tasty. Thank you Asian Gardens.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Located adjacent to the mall; west of I-41 College Ave. exit. No steps at entrance. There are at least 5 hot buffets with various interesting food selections. Don't miss the sushi bar, around corner near entrance. As a plus, there is a chef doing open-frying with patrons making own selections of veggies & meats. Do they call it Mongolian-style? ... We enjoyed everything we tried; and there are some different selections we'd not seen in other Chinese restaurants. Good place to bring the kids too. You won't leave hungry!

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I've visited here several times in the past year or so and the food tastes good. Some of the things I like are the meatballs on a stick, honey chicken, General Tso's chicken, Dim Sum and seafood cheese. For a Chinese restaurant, it was veery clean( I've done work for some Chinese restaurants and let's just say, cleanliness is not high on the priority for most). The biggest problem I had was my waitress. Although she did her job well, she was not friendly at all to me. I asked her a couple of questions and she seemed to think I was an idiot or something. I smiled at her several times and she never once smiled back. I take into consideration people's culture/upbringing, but this kind of treatment is not good for business. I went to a couple of the other waitresses to ask them several questions, and they were very nice. The price for lunch is less than $10.00, more at night of course, with slightly different selection. To conclude, I will visit here again, but ask for a different waitress. The food is good, bathrooms (hence likely the kitchen) are clean.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Most importantly the restaurant had a mongolian style portion so you can select your vegetables, noodles and meat and get it cooked right then, while it had a wide selection for this portion. Other than that they had the typical items you'd expect at an Asian buffet. The quality was about on part with most, and would be a place I'd go back. Service was lacking at times in terms of trying to get a refill, waitresses seemed to be more in tune with their phones than the patrons at times but eventually came around.