“Very good dinner.”

Katsu YA Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 390 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

When we walked in I said to my wife, "This place is run by youngsters!" Indeed, most of the staff is quite young. They are also very well trained and managed. We were delighted with their service. We ate in the sushi side of the restaurant. There is also a hibachi room. The Yusuf Natsu Maki (summer citrus roll) was everything the menu said it was. The fried Gyoza was the best I have had in the U. S. Our favorite was the Yellowfin tuna roll with avocado topped with salmon and flying fish roe. It was a treat for the eyes and taste buds. For some bold taste we ordered the Ring of Fire Maki with jalapeño, habanero, and sriracha sauce. You better be prepared for this one. The entire meal was delightful.

1  Thank Mike M

Reviewed 5 August 2017

If you are looking for excellent Japanese fare with many eating environments this is the place to go. My wife and I chose the Hibachi section of the restaurant and sat with 8 others who enjoyed watching the chef slice and dice the food that we ordered. The chef was highly entertaining and quite skilled. The waiter complemented the experience with his knowledge of the menu and his friendly way.

Within the restaurant there was a Sushi Bar, a standard Japanese restaurant, and a large bar. We sat with many locals who said all areas of the restaurant provide excellent food and service.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

They had many offerings that would please anyone's pallet. I sat at the bar while waiting for my to go order and I found the atmosphere most inviting and relaxing. The meal was very good and reasonably priced. If you're in this area. This is a good place to stop and eat, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

It's been a year since I last came, and you can check my past review. Things haven't changed as far as service and quality. Both 5 Star. Service is still the best, and just a great atmosphere. In this visit, I started with Shrimp Jalapeno Poppers and Tempura Shrimp, Both of these are large and filling. I shouldn't have ordered both, but they were so good!! For the main course, I did the Yakiniku, a Japanese BB-Q. I chose the larger meal with three choices of meat. I had Rib Eye steak, Filet Mignon and Hanger Steak. The meat was so tender, and being I got to cook it myself at the table, is was nice and rare. Melted in my mouth. Desert, yes they have a nice selection. But there was no way I could have eaten any more. I will mention I came with my daughter and her boy friend. They had the house soup and a selection of rolls. Looked excellent and they ate everything too.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Fun hibachi table dining experience. Menu is a typical hibachi menu...food is tasty and dining experience fun!