Quality Inn Ashland
US$89
US$140
US$121
Orbitz.com
All reviewsstarbucks coffeeparking lotchoice hotelslake viewsmokehouse restaurantmade to order breakfastnice pool and hot tubroom was cleanpool areaapostle islandsin room coffeeexhaust fanenjoyable stayboat tourfew issuespaid nightlake superior
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We did not have any privacy, since the two windows in our room, did not close all the way. The window coverings included sheer curtains with a room-darkening curtain behind it. As I was seeing how I could fix the problem, I realized that the room-darkening curtains were full of pin holes and dirty. I went to the lobby, stated my problem and that I needed some type of clips to give us privacy. The girl at the desk told me my husband picked up some clips just awhile ago. I told her my husband had not been here for any clips. She then asked me what my room number was and I told her. After looking at a sheet of paper, she stated that she was sorry, that the man was from room #228. So then I knew, we were not the only one with this problem. Also I wish to mention that it was advertised that no pets were allowed in this hotel, yet we saw a man twice take his dog for a walk and then returned to his room with the dog.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I am happy to say that we enjoyed the hotel. Our room had a great view of the lake and the bed was large and comfortable. We had a separate sitting room so hubby and I each enjoyed our own rooms. Breakfast was cooked to order and more than enough for a good start to the day. I enjoyed that we were a little out of town as well. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa S
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived late Tuesday night due to the wide-spread, multi-state severe weather storm. Had booked a reward night on line with special request for upper floor lakeside room. Warmly greeted by Eliza - everything in order. Friendly hospitality continued next morning with Zach, and extended to the breakfast area with Jessica taking extra effort with our request for the "made-to-order" breakfast "to go" for eating in the room (bacon, egg, hash-browns & toast - delicious!). Room itself was exceptionally well cleaned & maintained. Architectural layout was somewhat lacking (vanity light shining directly on the bed, & exhaust fan sounding like a jet plane during takeoff, not separately switched) - beyond management control. Everything within management control is tip-top. This is not our first stay here. We're on the road over 100 nights per year (pleasure stays): This property is definitely in the upper percentile! We will return.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We were able to get a handicapped accessible room on the first floor with parking at the door. Room had a back door opening directly into the pool area. That was very nice, except the pool was very hard to enter or leave the pool itself...no easy stair entry nor a ramped entry nor a water powered chair lift...guests have to climb on a shaky vertical pool ladder, which was hard to do. NOT ADA COMPLIANT,

Best part of the stay was getting up early to watch the sunrise over the Lake. No swimming directly in the Lake (broken glass and trash in water). Lots of birds along the marshy area along the lakeside bulkhead along the grassy courtyard outside of the small motel restaurant (we were waiting for it to open). Restaurant is located next to the motel lobby..but there were lots of mosquitoes and bugs even walking out there too....we could not get in restaurant early, even just to wait inside. The mosquitoes had breakfast "on us".

The complimentary breakfast was limited in the restaurant to several basic menu choices...have to pay extra for more. Waitress was kind to us; welcoming and attentive ...many times we have been shuffled off to a back booth or ignored because we are handicapped....that did not happen here, thankfully, because of our good waitress. Thank you...we left a good tip for her.

We enjoyed seeing the painted wall murals in the lobby of North Woods explorers and the local wildlife...the whole QI lobby area had a log cabin paneling rustic feel...appropriate decor for the area.

This QI was on main road at base of the peninsula about 25 miles from Apostle Islands National Lakeshore....good roadway to Apostles. Glad we were moving on as we checked out....hope this QI will be more accessible, if we return next Summer to Apostles area.

Room Tip: Some rooms have direct pool access.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Booked this room through Choice with the impression that everything was booked in the area so we paid $200 just so we could give our kids a great experience in the area. Our family felt completely deceived by this entire property. Hotel wasn't even a quarter full, very unkept areas, no hot tub, and they suggested the restaurant next door which was even worse. Complimentary breakfast was limited to a portion of a menu with a limit of one drink and no refills. If you took a cold item from an extremely small cold cereal selection on the side of the room, you were charged extra for it. Majority of the people in the open to public "cafe" did this, so as a guest I am not sure how you were to know this, as all hotels that advertise complimentary breakfast, have one for free with unlimited options to their guests. Everyone waited an extremely long time which was due to only one person waiting on a full cafe. Front desk staff even was aware of this and didn't attempt to help out. My first clue should have been the zero greeting I received when checking in. Entire place needs a good cleaning and renovation. I could have easily added an extra night to my family vacation if I would have avoided this place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family