Quality Inn Ashland
US$117
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstarbucks coffeeparking lotchoice hotelslake viewsmokehouse restaurantmade to order breakfastnice pool and hot tubroom was cleanpool areaapostle islandsin room coffeeexhaust fanenjoyable stayboat tourfew issuespaid nightlake superior
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Always a clean and comfortable room. Close to food and shopping. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Easy to make group reservations and they do everything possible meet your needs good value. There is a Hampton across the street but very high priced for Ashland. Motel 6 is down the road but discussting

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This hotel is on the west side of Ashland with a view of Lake Superior. In reserving this facility I had difficulty with the Choice website and a telephone call to the facility was answered by Zack, who fixed me right up with a reservation after he assured me they allowed no smoking and no pets..

Kaitlyn checked us in and subsequently answered questions about where to eat and a lighthouse in the area. Our room was cozy although some road traffic noise could be heard, but the rooms faced the roadway and the lake. This is an older facility but the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. While the bath fixtures are also old, that means the shower puts out enough water flow to properly rinse you, and the toilet has enough force to properly flush. The hotel's water is supplied by an artesian supply.

For our complimentary breakfast we were seated in their dining area and given full service. Something I'd not expected was that guests were quite limited in the selections that were complimentary, but what we had did suffice, and Pam did a splendid job of serving us. I just felt the owners should make it known on the Choice website of their practice rather than their normal buffet style breakfasts.

Yes, this is an older facility (originally built in the 60's), but warm and spacious, letting you feel just like down home! While this hotel has a lake-view, there is no real sand beach, but you can access the water via the grass (some high) and possibly a slight embankment if you're so of mind - this is Lake Superior!

Room Tip: Most offer lake view, all that I saw had windows on both sides.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was a good quality hotel that we were able to find a last minute deal on. We paid $125/night and with tax it came out to be $150. I certainly wouldn't want to pay more for it because it's not a top quality accommodation but we travelled to Bayfield in high season, so the high price is justified. The service was very friendly and we really enjoyed the free breakfast (you can pay $3 extra to get a bit more from the breakfast menu, but we were ok with the free option). It's not your typical hotel breakfast where they serve you cereal, scrambled egg, sausage and some juice. They actually make your eggs to your liking here so it's much better. Room was nice a clean. The inside yard has a beautiful view of the lake so you can sip your morning coffee outside enjoying the scenery. It's also a good location right on the highway on the way to Bayfield. So I imagine it gets very popular among travellers doing the circle trip around the big lake. One thing I wished they stopped doing was advertising the Links Smokehouse restaurant (I reviewed that one as well), which is owned by the same people as the hotel. The restaurant is really not good and not worth your time/money. But we highly enjoyed our short stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Don't take the three stars as a bad thing. It was clean, and what I expected it would be. Just not the greatest place in the world. Would I stay again for a night? Yes. A week? Pass. It's like a bigger park outside your room motel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed at this Hotel as a home point for seeing the Apostle Islands. We took a boat tour, Kayaked the sea caves, and rode a scooter around Madeline Island. The hotel was good and only 17 miles from Bayfield.

Room Tip: Any room facing Lake Superior .
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family